to those who DON'T eat back their exercise calories

Options
13»

Replies

• haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This whole concept of "eating back exercise calories" is irrelevant because you DON'T KNOW exactly how many calories you have "burned" with exercise. Take those calorie trackers with a grain of salt.

There is no point in even discussing this, it is an irrelevancy. Set an appropriate deficit, hit your calorie/macronutrient targets.

As far as exercise goes, all of this depends greatly on the intensity, volume, and frequency of your training regime.

I agree with this. I do not weigh my food (I measure but not weigh) or have a good quality heart rate monitor so everything is estimate. I allow myself some cushion for errors.
  • ajtom1
    ajtom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't eat mine back. I really have tried and what ends up happening is I feel sick and feel like throwing up.... It's even hard for me to do the 1200 I am supposed to eat, and I normally burn at least 900 a day just in my workout not to mention my job is very active. The thing is that when I am hungry I go for it. I agree that everyone's body reacts differantly and you need to listen to your body and just make sure you are happy and not full. Something I remind myself is that you eat to fuel your body, so listen to it!
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has made great points. At first when I started MFP I didn't eat all of my calories back and the weight came off steadily. I started ready that you HAVE to net 1200 a day so I thought, "maybe if I eat back my exercise calories I'll lose more faster?!" That hasn't been the case. I have been at a plateau for the past month and am thinking of going back to just eating what my body tells me I need to eat.
    Many people have said every BODY is different and you have to do what works for you, I would have to agree 100%
    Good luck!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eating what your body tells you to eat? That doesn't even make sense.

You have hit a plateau for a reason - do some reading on how to pass it.

My guess, without knowing your specifics, would be that you are in need of a refeed or a full diet break.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Eating what your body tells you to eat? That doesn't even make sense.

You have hit a plateau for a reason - do some reading on how to pass it.

My guess, without knowing your specifics, would be that you are in need of a refeed or a full diet break.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

Thank you for the info, I will check it out.

By eating what your body tells you to, I meant eating when I feel hungry and not just when I have "calories left." =) In a healthy way, not seeing how much I can starve myself ect. :smile:
  • elesley
    elesley Posts: 5
    Options
    poustach: What do you mean about watching the food, not the calories. Please educate me on your PT's philosophy.