Another newbie from Michigan

Options
cv4123
cv4123 Posts: 8 Member
I might be a little to late to drop 40 pounds for summer but then again with the weather here ya never know. I started this week any advise for someone just starting out?

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    welcome.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a mitten mate too. Biggest piece of advice, not push too hard or eat too little. Make changes that you can stick with because little changes last longer. Good luck.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Lots of us Michiganderers here. Welcome.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Another Michigander!

Welcome!

Remember that this is a lifestyle and not a diet. Make changes you can stick with long term. I feel like being too restrictive with yourself will lead to failure in the long run. Most people can't (and don't want) to live an overly restrictive life. Remember to enjoy life still. :)
  • QuixoticTurtle
    Options
    So glad to see so many Michiganders! I just joined too!
    Any of you belong to the Lansing YMCA? I could really use a workout/support buddy
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    WAHOO!!! Michigan!!! Welcome, you will love it here!! Make sure you have friends to support you and help you through your journey!!!
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The first couple of weeks are hard but don't give up. Make small changes at first. Don't ever deny yourself, just have a "taste" so you won't binge. If you have a bad day, tomorrow's a new day. Good Luck on your journey. :)
  • justchiln
    justchiln Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am a newbie from Louisiana. Stay encouraged.
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a Michigander by marriage, hope that counts :laugh: . I completely agree with everything that Jenlynphi said. Although I'd like to add...be sure to drink all your water for the day :drinker: ! Can't tell you how much it makes a difference! And on your rough days (and you'll have them :grumble: ) just remember this...it took a long time to put on the weight and it will take a long time to take it off. Don't expect any overnight miracles :wink:
    Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • kassie87
    kassie87 Posts: 11
    Options
    Best thing about Michigan, all the beaches. Im trying to drop some myself for the summer. I miss the beach days! My advice would be just to take steps into it. Doing too much at once is stressful and is heading for nowhere but disaster. Good luck!!
  • cv4123
    cv4123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was actually kidding about the 40 pounds but it would be nice to be at my goal going into our way to short boating season.
    Best of luck to you as well!