Constant exhaustion and fatigue? Advice?

Options
Hello guys,

I really need your help :( I am 5'2" and I weigh around 147-150lbs. I would love to go down to at least 130 (I am Hispanic and my hips are wide so anything less than 125lbs makes me look scary).

My problem is that I can't seem to find the energy to work out. I went to the gym today for 30 minutes on the elliptical and I could barely make it because I was so exhausted. I could barely move. All I want to do is sleep and doing any type of movement makes me exhausted. I want to feel energetic and love going to the gym like I used to (4 years ago). But even though I've been working out 4-5 days a week for 3 weeks already I still haven't gained any energy. I don't know what's wrong! :(

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    May be you should get a check up with your doctor.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat enough? Are you getting quality nutrition? Are you depressed? Have you seen a doctor?
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem , I had issues with depression I didn't even want to get out of bed. I went to my doctor and it was all caused by my thyroid not working properly, if it's that serious it's something you should get checked out just to be on the safe side !
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Get a check up ASAP. Vit D level could be low, depression or SAD (seasonal affective disorder). B)
  • mindovermeals
    mindovermeals Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Get a check up ASAP. Vit D level could be low, depression or SAD (seasonal affective disorder). B)

This! I completely forgot about that. About two years ago my doctor told me my vitamin D level was extremely low, but she didn't make a big deal out of it or said that it could cause anything like this. Now I'm wondering if that's why..

Thank you everyone. I'll make an appointment with my doctor soon.
  • Another cause might be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, either brought on by depression or in my case a severe flu, unfortunately though; I haven't recovered and this occurred 20 years ago/this coming February.
  • karri144
    karri144 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I experienced this type of fatigue as well, until I had my vitamin D level checked and learned it was extremely low! Since starting the supplements my energy has gradually returned. Also, be sure to drink enough water. Whenever I start feeling sluggish, I chug a bunch of water and 90% of the time my energy level increases within minutes. Good luck to you, I hope you find the energy and drive you need to take the next steps toward your goal! :)