Purchasing a new scale

Options
Ok, I definitely need to get a new scale to track my progress. I just have a cheap sunbeam scale, that has paint all over it(dropped a roller on it while I was painting the bathroom). But I was wondering what type of scales you all use? I have heard great things about the weight watchers scale, but it is $40, and I was wondering if it was worth the money. I know it does a lot of things, like can track multiple people and do a bmi check, etc. But I just wanted your thoughts and suggestions about what you all use. Thank you so much!

Replies

• Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • rahnia
    rahnia Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a Tanita scale that measures body fat & weight.

Pretty accurate body fat readings considering how off the mark BIA scales can be.

Not sure of cost, but have had mine for 6 years. Very happy with it.
  • dominicgamutan
    dominicgamutan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you are buying a scale I recommend you buy the digital ones. I've seen them range around 10-30$ a piece. You don't need anything fancy just a good ol' accurate one to see you through. Why digital? Less errors that way because the diy manual ones can have errors ranging from reading it wrong to faulty springs ( happened to me my scale was off by 6g).
  • dominicgamutan
    dominicgamutan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    6lbs*
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have a Thinner scale...have had it since 2008. Gives weight, body fat %, hydration, and bone mass readings. I really like it. Don't recall what it cost.
  • whitespider360
    whitespider360 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a new set of scales too. The set I have are digital and it gives all kinda different weights when you step on them. Been searching around and don't know what to buy, don't want junk like I have. Can't spend a lot of money on them. If you find some let me know. Those Tanita scales listed above are really high from what I found. Can't go that high. I'm on a budget.
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have an Aria Fit scale. Love it. It's a little pricey, but it's been motivating to use!
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a withings digital one that I can sync up to my phone if I want. Nice part of it is if you are too far forward, back, to the side, it will flash arrows on the screen to center you.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the weight watchers scale and love it. I dropped it several times while moving apartments and not a scratch got on it. Mine has a shiny flat surface that make its really easy to clean too. I found my on amazon for about $30.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree the brand doesn't matter. Just get an easy-to-read digital one. Groupon has got a TON right now on serious discount that are worth checking out.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Digital, definitely.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You are right, digital is the way to go. I looked on groupon and there are a lot of deals on there! Thank you very much! Didn't even think that they would have them.