Strength training at home

Options
Hey there, I really want to build some muscle and tone up my body, Can anyone please suggest any youtube videos that will do that? thanks.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What kind of equipment do you have at home? Your program will be dependent upon your equipment.
  • xNadiaxx
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    What kind of equipment do you have at home? Your program will be dependent upon your equipment.

I just have dumb bells.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    do push-ups, then right away use dumb bells (i.e. you can use them for shoulder exercises)....then around 1 min break then again (repeat 10 times or more...push yourself hard) if you have an option to do dips and pull-ups too then combine it....in youtube you can simply type in something like "home workout" etc... see also calisthenics/street workout exercises....you dont need to have professional equipment at home to develop muscle definition.
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me, just dumbells, an exercise mat and an old bench to lean on for the rows - I just do the 4 main big groups - Chest: pushups - Back: Bent-over Rows - Legs: Squats - Abs: planks or crunches
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Look into bodyweight training. Start with You Are Your Own Gym.
  • xNadiaxx
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I might do Jillian michaels 30 day shred again, Would this help tone my body?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I think that one is mostly cardio, isn't it? I've never done it, but that's my impression.
  • xNadiaxx
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I think that one is mostly cardio, isn't it? I've never done it, but that's my impression.

There's only a little bit of cardio in it
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like fitnessblender on youtube. They have several bodyweight videos, and others with weights.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    xNadiaxx wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I might do Jillian michaels 30 day shred again, Would this help tone my body?
    Yes, it would. If you have done it before, what results did you get? I have done it with heavy dumbbells (5-12 lbs, on different exercises), and it will build up a lot more strength than doing it with little 3 lbs dumbbells throughout.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Jillian's Ripped in 30? (Saw a post about her 30 Day Shred)
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    poppilates on youtube is quite good, those workouts are like cardio mixed with pilates, good for building overall body strenght, and obviously free.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    umachanxo wrote: »
    Not sure if your question is directed at me, but I have done this one, too. The setup is similar to 30 Day Shred. There are different exercises in the strength segment. 30 Day Shred is timed two rounds of 1min/30sec (=3 min total), Ripped in 30 is timed two rounds of 3x30 sec (=3 min total). The rest is the same, 2 min cardio, 1 min abs.
  • xNadiaxx
    Options
    umachanxo wrote: »
    No I havent thanks for telling me about it ill give it a go. :)
  • xNadiaxx
    Options
    CloudyMao wrote: »
    poppilates on youtube is quite good, those workouts are like cardio mixed with pilates, good for building overall body strenght, and obviously free.

Thanks ill look at them :D
  • BenCham
    Options
    Look up on the internet freeletics. They definitely will whip you in to shape and pretty quickly. But. You need to be very very committed. As it is very intense