Hi, my name is Rebecca, and I would like to connect to people who are doing the paleo whole30

Options
I would like to connect with people who are eating Paleo, I am starting January 1, and I need pointers and recipes and encouragement, plus it would be nice to hear others stories. Maybe you're starting out like me and we can go on this journey together. Look forward to hearing from you!!

Replies

• megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I finished in Sept but plan to do another round in january. Im actually hosting a FB group, we start the 5th if you want to join us?
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I started Paleo in September. Still doing it 100% I love it, feel great and lost weight. There are great recipe sites and paleo sites and great books - Zenbelly, The Paleo Kitchen, Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution, Paleoleap.com (super helpful site) and nomnompaleo and omgpaleo and stupideasypaleo all dot coms lol - I could go on and on I've learned so much in three months.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I just got an email from PaleOMG and there is going to be another book, it starts with food coming out in April. I just pre-ordered on Amazon. I love the lifestyle, seeing amazing results from the inside out;)
  • kalinbeima
    kalinbeima Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I do Keto which is pretty similar to Paleo. Feel free to add me :)
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started the Whole30 on December 1st and feeling really good. Feel free to join me - I just got back to the entire blog what you eat, but you're more than welcome to friend me. Also, don't worry if you see that what you're eating doesn't really show a lot of calories. :)
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started the Whole30 on Nov. 30th and plan to keep at it throughout the month of January as it is going really well for me. Afterwards, I will be following a Paleo nutrition plan. You can friend me and add me on IG: optionalsource. I post daily the meals and snacks I eat and I've found a ton of support from the Whole30 community there as well.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anyone can send me a friend request. I have done two W30s.
  • lsquaire
    lsquaire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting the Whole30 program on 12/22. I've been reading up on what you can/cannot eat, recipes, etc and I'm VERY interested. It seems more of a lifestyle change rather then another fad diet. LOVE IT! Can any of you tell me how long it took for your body to adjust to not having sugar, grains, etc?
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    I've been "paleo" for a few years. I've recently had some health problems (I've talked to nutritionists and doctors to ensure that my diet was not the cause) and I have started a Whole 30 as of today to kick start me back on track.

Hit me up if you'd like to chat.
  • JulieDevany
    JulieDevany Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting Paleo today. Need to look into this Whole30 thing!
  • joanna2016
    joanna2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I woild like to join the group
  • jcrogoespaleo
    jcrogoespaleo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started my Whole30 today!
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im looking into starting to eat paleo.. Any help or just friends that share that I should add ? Thanks
  • annapetisidoro
    annapetisidoro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm a specialty baker, and outside the kitchen, I don't usually eat baked goods. However, the last few months have had been tough...

Started paleo yesterday, which I know will be a challenge because I do not like meat much.

Hoping we could inspire and motivate each other here.

Thanks!
  • auntiebev306
    auntiebev306 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I started my whole30 yesterday (1/5). I am waiting for the headaches and crappy feeling to start soon. Anyone else have the 'carb flu' yet?
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing Whole30, but I am doing the Paleo Restart from the Paleo Leap website. 30 days of preplanned meals and recipes. Everything's been really good any satisfying. I would love friends who are trying the Paleo lifestyle.
  • skygirll
    skygirll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I'm a Celiac and 90% paleo.
  • sallypage724
    sallypage724 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, started Monday. Down 1.2 lbs so far. 1200 calories and 30 min on treadmill daily.
  • biancarios
    biancarios Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday. I feel pretty good so far.
  • sarahmcw23
    sarahmcw23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay so 24 year old here, 5'7" and currently tipping the scales at around 13.5 stone. Started paleo on Monday, day 4. Not following the whole30 plan but eating 100% paleo. Feeling good so far. A little hungry during the day at work. I think I need to increase my meat and calm down on snacking on fruit. Yesterday I was very tired and had a headache. Was really craving sugar and sweets. It's a bit tempting at home as the others I live with are not adopting paleo and there's lots of yummy junk food in the house. But I'm really determined! I also craved crisps/nachos but I made spicy sweet potato fries which seemed to settle my cravings. I haven't weighed myself yet and honestly don't expect to see any real changes for a couple of weeks. I've been overweight all my life, I've hit the gym hard before, pilates, trx, all with healthy eating. But I overeat and fall off the wagon too easily (have a cheat snack, which escalates into a cheat meal/day/weekend). I'm being strict and really hopeful for this diet change. Love the support and info on here :) good luck everyone!