30lb to lose in 2 months

Options
Hello,
I have 2 months to lose 30lb after having my baby ( 5 months old). I really do need friends to support and motivate each other. I have tried several times on my own and failed!!! Cheers

Replies

• ljbowers11
    Options
    I'm with ya!
  • MyFitnessMyWellness
    Options
    Add me :smile:
    Why only 2 months to lose 30lbs? That's at least 3lbs a week to stay on target...
  • pjack142
    pjack142 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this
  • vikaclare
    vikaclare Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You've got this! 30 pounds in 2 months is a lot but not impossible! I'm looking to lose about 30 myself, but my timetable is a little longer. I'm getting married come October so I'd like to be dress ready once I'm looking for them in about 4-5 months. Feel free to friend me and we can support each other!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 30 pounds. Just sayin'
  • johnreeve6810
    Options
    Hi @pjack142 - I managed 30 pounds in 3 months - if I can do it then anyone can. Add me a a friend if you want - I will help you through!!!!
  • pjack142
    Options
    Oops I'm trying to figure out how I can add you guys
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    30 pounds in 2 months is an unrealistic goal, as it's recommended you loose 2 pounds a week.
  • pjack001
    pjack001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well there is only one way to find out
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wow. 30lbs in 2 months is a very aggressive goal. What's the rush? If that's all you have to lose (loss is slower the less you have to lose) then I predict some truly miserable times ahead, with a very uncertain chance of success. What's wrong with steady, susutainable loss?
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Don't do yourself the disservice of a timetable. Set your goal, make some positive changes in service of that goal, and keep going until you get there, whenever that may be. It's too easy to feel like a failure if you miss your "deadline", and it's really not necessary. Good luck either way!
  • freyja1197
    freyja1197 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support :)
  • dvdiamond11
    dvdiamond11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the timetable. It will set you up for failure. Go for 2 lbs a week and do not get discouraged if its only a pound. Some weeks you may lose 3.
    Eat right, exercise and burn more than you take in. Be grateful for any loss. You will get there when you get there. Good luck!
  • pjack142
    Options
    My goal is to lose atleast 3kg to 5kg a week. Please Feel free to add me.
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs in 60 days doing Insanity Max:30. I just started an accountability group to keep me on track while I do it again right here on MFP. You're welcome to join! Check my other posts for pics.
  • kaycaputo
    Options
    I do too need to lose 30lbs after my third baby. She is 6 months and I'm still carrying baby fat around my body. I lost so easily with the first two kids but this time is taking longer. I got a jawbone for Christmas and started this week on my fitness pal.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Took me 9 months to lose 30 lb. It doesn't come easy.
  • eulaliaaa
    Options
    Lost about 30 in two months, It's not impossible just SO much determination to stay away from junk food! At least by doing it intensely for a couple months it's a much quicker process though, I need my motivation back.
  • PaiPug
    PaiPug Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's not safe nor is it a good way to keep off the weight. It's more effective for your body & metabolism to lose it more slowly. At that rate your skin would be saggy too. 2 pounds a week is really pushing it as far as rapid weight loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What's happening in two months? That's an unrealistic, unsafe goal. If 30 is all you need to lose, it's better to stick with a pound a week and hope you hit 10 in that time.