Knee problems while doing 30DS

Options
HI!

I am just finishing up Level 1 of the 30DS and my knees are really sore! Has anyone else had any problems with their joints after using the 30DS? Any recommendations on how to alleviate the soreness?

THANK YOU :)

Replies

• jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    been there--- and it went away for me :) Good luck!
  • kristyyoung
    kristyyoung Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also had knee pain, but it didn't start until I was on level 2. I made a few adjustments. I increased my warm up time, started wearing a knee brace, and stopped wearing shoes. It definitely helped!
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So glad someone else is having that pain, I thought it was just me!! My knees were horrible initially, but I'm on day 10 now and they are getting better, hardly any pain. Hope the same goes for you!
  • llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    My knees were definitely sore when I started 30DS, but it went away after a few weeks. I think that the workout strengthens all of the muscles around your knees, which leads to less stress on them, and therefore no more pain.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I noticed that with level one also...it was a killer on the knees. It's weird but once I started level 2 my knees were fine...not sure if level 2 is just easier on the knees or if my knees were just used to working out. But I've finished level 2 and my knees never bothered me, now onto level 3 and hoping there aren't some crazy moves that are hard on the knees!
    I bet it will get better for you once you get to level 2...good luck!
  • butterfly0126
    Options
    I had the same problem with this one as well as my aunt and a friend of hers. The worst part for me was the side lunge with the weights. I have now came up with an alternative exercise to do at the time and it has helped majorly and during push ups i use a bath mate but fold it over twice, adds a lot of cushion cause i only do modified and i was putting a lot of pressure on my knees. As far as soreness i would try an Epsom Salt bath and just some light stretching, sit in a chair or end of a bed and just do some leg raises from knee down. I hope this helps:)
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The 30-day shred has you doing a lot of squatting moves, and it's very important to not move your knees out past your toes. I got lazy with my form one day and had horrible knee pain the next day. I iced and rested it, and after that made sure I did all the moves with proper form. Haven't had any issues since.

Hope yours gets better soon!