Short new girl looking for friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    Also don't forget there is some small amazing things called vitamins lol...I take daily vitamins that would fill in for the calories that I cut back. But everybody is different, just do what will make you happy in the end.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4'10" and do remember how difficult it was not to put on weight as a teen and colllege student. Mine came on with pregnancies and working night shifts. The most helpful thing then was exercise and drinking water, oh and vitamins.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So I can blame being 5' 1" tall as the reason my pounds take soooooo long to leave? I sometimes hate being short!

Abso-freakin-lutely. Sometimes I think being short is awesome, but it's not great at all for dropping the pounds. I once did weight watchers for a week with my mom- i followed the rules to a t. she cheated all over the place. She lost 3 pounds. I lost zero. hahaha.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'1". I've set my net calorie goal to 1000 calories per day, but make sure I never eat fewer than 1200 calories (usually 1600-2000 in fact). I exercise away the difference. That allows me to get a balanced diet and still lose weight. I've been doing this since the second week of January, have lost 24 lbs so far, and I'm feeling fit and healthy.
  • baderis07
    baderis07 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey! 5'1 3/4 here, and yes I count the 3/4 inch lol. Feel free to add me.
  • DietCow
    DietCow Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this so excuse me if I don't know the etiquette of forums. I'm only 5ft tall and vegetarian. Totally agree on how hard it is to shift weight when you are short. Any extra weight seems to 'show' alot more than on a taller person too. i'm dieting alone so if anyone wants to add me as fellow dieter, feel free. It may take me awhile to 'find my feet' thou.
  • KCzing
    KCzing Posts: 10
    Options
    Honestly I have always stuck to about 1000-1200. Yes they say not to go below 1200 because of nutrients and all that but even when I eat under my daily nutrients are always right around where they should be and this site helps me see exactly how many I'm getting in the different categories each day. I do take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement daily and I eat pretty healthy most of the time. If I eat over 1200 regularly I either don't move or I gain and to lose weight sooner than months from now I do go under the 1200. My doctor said it's perfectly fine as long as I am not starving myself and I am eating nutritious food so I'm going with him.

Short people know how hard it is to lose!