Good whey protein that's easy on the wallet

Options
Suggestion on a good protein powder

Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Most are good.
    I pay $20.00 for a 2lb container of EAS brand at Target.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks , I just bought biox on sale at Popeyes 50$ for 5 lbs but it's usually 79$. Just looking for alternatives for next time !
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have an obscure eating disorder, so taste and texture are very important when I shop - I'm good with Jarrow Unflavored Protein Powder (2lb at Amazon is around $20 - there's a sale right now, too!). It still has a bit of a flavor, but it's not any sort of disgusting HEY! I'M CHOCOLATE FLAVORED!!! or whatever. I mix it with Hershey syrup or Ovaltine, milk and some PB2 and it's great. Smooth, not gritty or funky (I've returned EAS Soy Protein for that reason). Good luck!
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely picky about protein powder. I tried about six different ones before I found a brand I like. I use two BSN Syntha-6 protein powders in chocolate cake batter and banana cream. They aren't the cheapest ones available, but they do turn up on sale from time to time on Amazon and eBay. I really can't handle the taste of the cheaper brands, so my personal philosophy is that you get what you pay for.
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like Designer Whey French Vanilla - it's not too expensive at Amazon, and my local Trader Joe's sells it too.
  • KSMussey
    KSMussey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Extreme Milk Chocolate, 5 Pound at Amazon is $57.99
    I just mix it with water and it is good.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    I had a bad allergic reaction to op 100% whey for some reason . Every time I've tried it gives me hives all over my forearms .. But cellucor and biox seem fine they can just be pricy when not on sale
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey - lots of flavors, not too bad priced and pretty easy to locate - my local grocery store even sells it. It tastes good too!
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    Thanks I'll look into these :)
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    If organic, grass fed whey is a priority of yours, be prepared to pay a lot. But the kind I drink (Teraswhey) is great
  • mizzlady524
    mizzlady524 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Natural French Vanilla @ BodyBuilding.com
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Be careful what protein your buying. Majority of the cheap ones are being amino spiked. So the amount of protein it says, its possible its much lower then that per serving. Just something to remember. You get what you pay for.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    That's the problem, I have biox power whey right now and used cellucor they just get expensive after awhile just looking for suggestions . I know walmart proteins such as sixstar ans body fortress are no good . But biox where I am is alright priced for what it's worth I don't rely on it just want to make sure I'm at least putting something good into my body
  • Krueger92
    Options
    That's the problem, I have biox power whey right now and used cellucor they just get expensive after awhile just looking for suggestions . I know walmart proteins such as sixstar ans body fortress are no good . But biox where I am is alright priced for what it's worth I don't rely on it just want to make sure I'm at least putting something good into my body

Sams club sells a Muscletech protein powder for $35.99 I think for a 5lb bag which isn't spiked. If you have one in your area. Its what I buy when I don't have the budget for MTS Nutrition protein.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    Mts is crazy with the shipping cost. Biox was 40$ For 5 and 1/2 lbs on sale at Popeyes so I picked that up . Good price for around here
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    There's so many out there it's hard to choose and trust which companies aren't spiking
  • Krueger92
    Options
    I agree shipping from tigerfitness is high. But its a great product and the owner is my coach so I rep it haha. Read labels is the best way. A lot of them had to change there product because of lawsuits. If you have any in mind you can message me and I can find out for ya
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    Well I know mar. On his website has a list of proteins that are safe from spiking , but I'm just waiting to get a tub of mts I gotta try it . What flavour would you recommend ?
  • Krueger92
    Options
    I've had them all except the mint cookies and crème. Regular cookies and crème is probably my favorite.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    I'll have to it try when I need to restock ! Thanks for the input