Replies

• Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey no problem!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I buy on VITACOST.com they have the best prices. And a large selection.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Natural French Vanilla @ BodyBuilding.com

The chocolate is the best I ever had yummy!!!
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately optimum nutrition and my body don't agree , I had a bad reaction to it, tried it several times every time it gives me rashes all over my forearms I thought it may have been food or something else but I tried it a few more times and the same thing
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    Threes so much trial and error finding a good protein
  • patches212
    patches212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    PVL Essentials ISO Sport Whey (HAS TO be the ISO version) is about $40 for 25ish servings.

Super low lactose content (lactose intolerant here can drink it no problem).
    Made in Canada with all natural ingredients.
    One of the cleanest whey powders out there: "Users include the BC Lions and other CFL players; NHLers from Vancouver to Montreal and across the US; Olympic athletes; players in the NFL; Formulated without ingredients banned by the IOC, WADA, NHL, NFL, CFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA."
    I've only read a couple of reviews that complain and its mainly about the taste (I can only believe these are coming from people who live on high fructose corn syrup because it tastes plenty sweet and chocolatey to most everyone else) It shakes or blends up super smooth like a delicious chocolate milkshake, there is absolutely no gritty texture at all. I like it best with some kind of nut milk.

Don't trust me though, do your own research. I have always been forever wary of whey protein powders and have never trusted any before now (so many actually outright LIE about the contents right on their packaging, it's insane!)
    This protein powder was recommended to me by someone whom I trust very much (plus I did my own research on it) and it really is amazing. I've only tried the chocolate though so I can't speak for any other flavours.
  • kyohte9876
    kyohte9876 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are their any besides muscle milk that are FDA approved??
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    kyohte9876 wrote: »
    Are their any besides muscle milk that are FDA approved??

I believe muscle milk was busted for spiking protein as well. Just because its "FDA" approved. Doesn't mean much in the supplement industry.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    myprotein.com - they seem to be available in US & UK (I'm in London). Best inexpensive (ish) protein powder I've found that also has good protein levels. Plus their other stuff is quite good too.
  • petey7408
    petey7408 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, sometimes you pay for what you get. There may be some cheaper proteins out there but they can also have the actual protein content skewed by amino spiking (in case you haven't heard of this trend coming to light as if late).

Essentially, the protein content is raised in the test by adding certain amino acids that are cheaper than the actual whey protein, chewting the test. Reputable brands are why you pay a little extra. A giveaway for a protein that may be amino spiked, check the ingredients. If it says taurine, glycine or any other type of aminonacid blend has been added to the protein powder, chances are islts lower quality and youre paying for less protein than you think you are.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    petey7408 wrote: »
    Keep in mind, sometimes you pay for what you get. There may be some cheaper proteins out there but they can also have the actual protein content skewed by amino spiking (in case you haven't heard of this trend coming to light as if late).

Essentially, the protein content is raised in the test by adding certain amino acids that are cheaper than the actual whey protein, chewting the test. Reputable brands are why you pay a little extra. A giveaway for a protein that may be amino spiked, check the ingredients. If it says taurine, glycine or any other type of aminonacid blend has been added to the protein powder, chances are islts lower quality and youre paying for less protein than you think you are.

I completely understand that. You obviously will get better quality with higher prices. I'm not too worried about spending money on it, when it comes to spending 65$ for 2lbs it's a bit much. Glad for all the input here ! Lots to think about and look into :)
  • rustypep
    rustypep Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will add my recommendation of optimum nutrition. They have a solid reputation. If you visit their website regularly, they run large sales. Buy larger tubs and save. I like their vanilla ice cream gold standard whey. Their chocolates are good as was cinnamon graham cracker. They sell samples tubs if you want to try flavors. I didn't care for the cookies and cream.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

I'm pretty sensitive to protein powders, can't really digest the bad ones.

Optimum Nutrition and Cellucor are the only two brands I use now. Buy it from bodybuilding.com and you'll get great pricing.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition.

I'm pretty sensitive to protein powders, can't really digest the bad ones.

Optimum Nutrition and Cellucor are the only two brands I use now. Buy it from bodybuilding.com and you'll get great pricing.

Bodybuilding.com is the best place to buy , I'll try optimum again I'm not afan of cellucor
  • petey7408
    petey7408 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I completely understand that. You obviously will get better quality with higher prices. I'm not too worried about spending money on it, when it comes to spending 65$ for 2lbs it's a bit much. Glad for all the input here ! Lots to think about and look into :)

Sorry for the late reply but goodness, no! $65 is waaaay too much for 2 lbs of protein. Average market price will be $30-40 for that size of container depending on brand and protein type.