Alternative to low carb Bread and Popcorn suggestions?

Options
Is there a good low carb bread out there? And I love popcorn as a snack but carbs are high also

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Alternative? sure. You may not prefer it, but it works.

The effective alternate for me is to become accustomed to other ways of eating. I have partially resolved the carbohydrate snacks by moving away from snacks. If I do have a snack, usually it is a non-carb snack like fruit. Yes, fruit has sugar a carbohydrate, but somehow an apple is more filling with less carbs. And sometimes I do have a little plain popcorn. The real calories are from the butter or artificial butter.

Like bacon. There is no substitute for bacon. Not. For personal ethical reasons I have chosen to forgo bacon. I miss it sometimes. Oh well.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My low-carb husband likes lettuce wraps and pork rinds.
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    chouflour wrote: »
    My low-carb husband likes lettuce wraps and pork rinds.
    Thats a great idea I love pork rinds

• lilafuson
    lilafuson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sarah Lee Light whole wheat bread . 45 cals per slice, low carb.
  • lilafuson
    lilafuson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ....has 45 carbs
  • Teal4me
    Options
    lilafuson wrote: »
    ....has 45 carbs
    Still too many carbs my toatal daily intake of carbs can only be around 50-75

• stanb888
    stanb888 Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lavish pita and Hummis is a great snack!
    How about some flatout toasted "crackers" with pepperoni and cheese?
    Both are around 10 grams net for a reasonable portion.

All of the above are very low carb, lowish in calories, and should be available at you local wallyworld. :)

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn only has 19 carbs for 3 cups. It is a healthy snack.
    JW, why can't you have over 75 carbs/day?
  • joshjordan127
    joshjordan127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Probably some low carb diet I figure. My 5 foot, 110 pound girlfriend has around 200 carbs a day just to maintain her wait and get her macros. You need carbs. :smile:
  • stanb888
    Options

I suspect that they believe as I do that. Generally when carbs are restricted people lose weight more easily, Feel more satiated, can continue a diet longer.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Low carb bread...not really many options. I'd rethink the bread bit.
  • tisaria
    tisaria Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Tumaros makes really great low cal/low carb whole wheat wraps that are 60 cal/7 net carbs each.... but I agree with others, you need carbs!

ETA: http://www.tumaros.com/Pages/Home.aspx
  • sweetaj
    sweetaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    the sara lee 45cal bread actually has 17g carbs for 2 pieces. 5g fiber too :)
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I agree with those numbers you should look for alternatives to a sandwich then swapping out for low carb bread. I have by best success when I stay away from low carb products, such as Atkins bars or sugar free candy. The craving is still there. Do I always? No, but for long term success, I would fine a different go to.

You can throw anything onto a salad, (fav is taco salad with hot sauce and sour cream as dressing. Maybe an avocado), make plenty of dinner for leftovers and lunches.
    Your carbs should be coming mainly from veggies (which are great snacks), some will come from dairy and some from sauces. You can bake shredded cheese into cheese crisps for a treat, beef jerky, veggies and ranch dressing, almonds, and sausage and cheese are some other snack options.

• HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options

My 5 foot, 110 pound girlfriend has around 200 carbs a day just to maintain her wait and get her macros. You need carbs. :smile:

cringe

• lorrikooten
    lorrikooten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I get Joseph's Pita Bread at Wal-Mart and it only has 4 net carbs! Total Carbs-Fiber = Net Carbs. It is really good!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options

My 5 foot, 110 pound girlfriend has around 200 carbs a day just to maintain her wait and get her macros. You need carbs. :smile:

cringe

LOL why are you cringing at that?

• stanb888
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

cringe

LOL why are you cringing at that?

We were all young once... ;)
  • Teal4me
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Options