6 months, -30 pounds! lets do this!

Hi, my name is Sara :)

I'm a med student on my last leg of med school (1 year and 4 months of clinical rotations left!) and studying for MD licensing exams. Long story short, I gained 20 lbs in the past year from (very ironically) sitting at a desk, studying 12h a day so I can tell overweight patients to get active. I've sacrificed a lot for my career, including my health. I'm here to reclaim it :) I've been logging what I eat for the past week but keep in mind that my big exam is in 2 weeks so it's not the most balanced diet right now. That will change soon enough

So, if anyone would like to join me and/or if anyone has the same goals as me then please feel free to message or follow! Lets support each other on this!

I know this isn't required but here are my "stats":
weight: 175 lbs
height: 5'5.25 (every little bit counts)
diet: vegetarian, right now anywhere from 1200-1450 cals/day

Goal:
weight: 145lbs
date: some time in July

Replies

• lissakap
    lissakap Posts: 2 Member
    I have pretty similar stats & goals as you. I had a baby in January 2013 & immediately got pregnant again & had my last baby this past April. It left me with the weight from two pregnancies. I'm 5'4" 166lbs now, but that's after already losing some from being on here. My *ideal goal is 140lbs but realistically I would be happy @ 145. I am still breastfeeding though so I have to take a slow & steady approach to not affect my supply.
  • Zazzles2906
    Zazzles2906 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me. I'm 24, 5'5 and I started myfitnesspal on 4th January at 168lbs. My goal is to lose 28lbs and then I will see how I feel.
    Good Luck!
  • It is 99% possible that you can lose 1 pound a week with just eating right, but if you add exercise to this at least 4 times a week you can lose 48 pounds in 6 months. I lost 40 pounds in 8 months with out changing my diet too much but I was running 2 miles a day 6 days a week