Anyone needing to lose 100 pds or more?

Options
I lost 100 pds in 2011...gained back 80....wanting to lose at least 100....started jan 1...looking for accountably friends...:-):-):-)

Replies

• FixieFreak
    FixieFreak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of about 200lbs, most of it 8-10 year ago, and 35lbs recently. I eat a diet consisting of rice, pasta, beans, fruits, and vegetables, avoiding added sugars, and fats as much as possible. On any given day my diet is 80-85% carbs, and <10% fat and <10% protein. I have followed this diet for quite a while in one form or another. It is very easy to follow, and weight loss has been pretty easy. It has worked for me when I have been in a high activity job, as well as the last 3 month when I have been mostly sitting as a result of a broken foot. By blood markers are all excellent, as well as blood pressure.

There are several great doctors with books on the subject, but my favorite is Dr. John McDougall. You can get his material for free on his website, or watch many wonderful lectures of his on YouTube.

Friend request sent, I will be happy to help you in any way I can with my experiences.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 100 pounds is fantastic! What did you do to lose the weight? I have about 130 pounds to lose. I am ready to do this. Haha...I've started telling myself that I don't need to lose 130 pounds, I actually need to lose 10 pounds 13 times. :wink: Add me as a friend!
  • preachergirl09
    Options
    Hi!!! I did low carb...it absolutely works....but my hubby had a stroke, I got really depressed and well the weight piled on....so with diabetes trying to come back I'm determined to get this weight thing under control....I'd love to have u as a pal...I need an accountability pal to help me stay focused...lol
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have quite a bit more than 100 to lose but have recently started reaching out to people on the community for accountability. Please feel free to add me. I know how emotional eating can be utterly overwhelming at times and would love more people to be able to talk to about such things. :)
  • Livingfreetoday
    Livingfreetoday Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 100 pounds exactly. I would love to partner with you!
  • preachergirl09
    Options
    Hi there!! I'd love to be friends...i am an emotional eater also...I lost 100 pds and my hubby had a stroke in 2011 and my nerves got really bad...well I gained back 80 in no time....i am believing this yr I will get this weight off for good.....I'd love to chat...my numb is 601-494-0045...text anytime u need someone to chat with....Nancy
  • MoLLiy1985
    MoLLiy1985 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 200 lbs. I need all the accountability I can get. :)
  • preachergirl09
    Options
    Hi there!! I have 130 to lose....I need accountability too....please feel free to add me as friend...:-):-):-)
  • robinrmcfal
    robinrmcfal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I have about 95 to lose. Add me! :)
  • preachergirl09
    Options
    Hi!! I'm new to mfp...not sure how to add ppl...lol....please feel free to add me!!!! :-):-)
  • TheLadyButterfly
    TheLadyButterfly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 130 to lose......I'd love to have friends to journey with and maybe a giggle or two along the way. Getting married Mat 2....want to be the best me possible
  • savila311
    savila311 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 100 lbs but for now i'm shooting for 50lbs by june. This is my first time counting calories and trying to eat healthier I got my gym membership jan2nd and have been every day since for an 1hr or more. (My 5th day) I was wondering if starting a diet pill would help (to suppress my appetite). Add me id love to have a motivator!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs. While I've regained about 20 lbs (still am well below the 100# lost mark), I've remained relatively steady for about 2.5 years. It is doable. You can do it. When you hit maintenance, find other attainable health goals to stay fit. One thing that makes maintenance hard is that you lose the impetus to move forward ... you have "arrived". Yet, even when we arrive at our ideal weight, we can still set goals to run faster or further, lift heavier or build more muscle mass, play more games of tennis or whatever fitness means to you. It is when you 'arrive' and stop aspiring to new heights that the dangers of regaining are the most real. This is a lifestyle change. We can NEVER go back to the way things were (unless we want to rebuild the house that we worked so hard to tear down)... Best wishes on every success.
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would like to be your friend and anyone else. I lost 50 pounds last year. I gained back 11 pounds. I want to lose 110 pounds to get to my goal. I have good look on a lower carb diet. I have cut out white: sugars, noodles, rice potatoes. Eat lots of vegetables. Starting back today after 3 months off. I will send you a friend request.
    [*]
    [/list]
  • HIBISCUSFAN
    Options
    I'd love to follow this post. I need to lose between 40kg-50kg which is about 100pds. Looking forward to everyone's advice, journey and success
  • Earthlyhope
    Options
    Hi there Preachergirl09. I haven't read your blog here yet. I plan on reading it but for now, I just want to say that I am new here and I know we can do it! Its like when I quit smoking, I had to wrestle with my mind and just get through it. The thing is, I didnt prepare for gaining weight after I quit the cigs, so need less to say, I packed on many pounds and sill going up in numbers and it has been litl over 2 yrs now, so I am doing the same thig fpor my weight and i will get over the crave just bear with it for approx 18 seconds, and hopefully the crave will be over. I have come to believe that it is in my head and I AM in control of it. I also think if I have a litl bit of improvement, and it makes me happy, then i want to keep going and start feeling better about my self. Learn to love your body as God gave it to you as a temple, take good care Honey. Hope we can continue talking together if you get this 'letter' lol I keep telling my self that I TRULY CAN DO IT AND SO CAN YOU, TOO!!!. Oh, I forgot, I need to loose 65 lbs to be 168. I am truly large framed and when I was healthy, I looked anorexic and my ribs and hip bones were sore wearing jeans and my ribs stuck out more then my chest. So I can realistically loose 65 to 70 lbs. TTYL ;)
  • ness0817
    ness0817 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a friend! I ultimately have 100lbs to lose. I'd love to make a short term goal of 30lbs by April. I think it's doable. I've been working out and my family has changed our eating habits in the last two weeks. I've heard it takes 21 days to make it a habit. So here's to a new year. Feel free to add me! :)
  • lisa2job
    Options
    Hi you can add me as well lost 119 lbs two years ago gained back 35 lbs of it ... Back on my grind to loose 50 to be at goal.....
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    hello from Washington State. I lost 80 pounds (not to my goal) about 2 years ago. I started to feel so confident, I screwed up. I have gained 35# back. Then of course I went into a funk. my son bought me a vivofit bracelet for Christmas. I have been wearing it. It is very exciting now that I have it all linked up and working. I even walked 40 minutes in the dark tonight with my dog& flashlights & a reflective vest to get my steps in. So I need some friends struggling like i struggle and encouragement from my new vivofit I should get out of my funk and back on the road again!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    PS I need to loose 90#s. My son has lost 50# doing the paleo, which is basically not breads, premixed foods, no sugar. Help. add me as a friend and anyone else!!! Please