Garmin Vivofit - Help steps not tracking/updating on MFP

Options
Hi all

I recently got a Garmin Vivofit (step tracker).

I have linked my MFP with my Garmin vivofit account, but it seems like my steps taken is not syncing on MFP.

I've used paser before and this worked great and updated my steps (calories) whenever I synced, but with my Vivofit this doesn't happen.

Is there anyone else using the Vivofit that can help with this?

What is your experience with the Vivofit?

Thank you

Replies

• redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    HI, I have a vivofit and it doesn't actually put the steps onto MFP, it'll just do a calorie adjustment based on burn, and sync any activities other than steps that you've logged on it (so when i wear my HRM with my vivofit to run or whatever, it'll pull that activity time and calories across into exercise.)
    i actually really liked my vivofit but have kind of gone off it, as for me i'm less interested in my steps/sleep and more interested just in heart rate stuff now, so just been using my HRM and runkeeper. But I would still recommend it to anyone who likes the combo sleep/activity/pedometer tracker.
  • CindyAngel77
    CindyAngel77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    When I use Pacer it also just do a calorie adjustment.

But with the Vivofit it doesn't do this. Do you think there is something that I am doing wrong?
    When does it normally update to MFP? Everytime I sync my data? Or only at the end of the day?

Just trying to find out why I can't see/connect my vivofit at all?
  • MG12579
    Options
    I just got one too. Used to use a fitbit. If we do a different exercise other than steps (I work out at a gym with a polar heart rate monitor)...should I input these calories into my fitness pal or the garmin site?
    Thanks
  • CindyAngel77
    CindyAngel77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all

My Vivofit has still not updated to MFP since yesterday... BUT then I saw this message this morning on Garmin Connect Website.

Users are experiencing issues with Garmin Connect. Our team is actively investigating the issue. Please check back soon for further status updates about Garmin Connect.

We are working to correct the MyFitnessPal sync issues. Once it is restored, we will update this status page and sync your account up to the current day.

We thank you for your continued patience.
  • Dreamyriver
    Dreamyriver Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HI, I have a vivofit and it doesn't actually put the steps onto MFP,

It does now - well, it will once it's working properly.

You just need to select your device in the step app part of MFP website.
  • kerrifair
    kerrifair Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My Jawbone and MFP show a different number of steps. UGHHHH.
  • boilermarcher
    boilermarcher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP is getting your step count from the phone itself. Your Fitbit is getting its own step count. That's why they're different.

I have a Vivosmart and I leaned that while I can't get the MFP food logging to sync with the app, if you log in online, it will sync just fine. After you sync it online, it'll show up in the app. It's a good work around to use while they fix the app sync issues.
  • chelseawagoner
    Options
    HI, I have a vivofit and it doesn't actually put the steps onto MFP,

It does now - well, it will once it's working properly.

You just need to select your device in the step app part of MFP website.
    When i try to find the vivo fit on supported devices it doesn't show up in the MFP app. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
  • nicole3477
    Options
    I have a Vivosmart and I leaned that while I can't get the MFP food logging to sync with the app, if you log in online, it will sync just fine. After you sync it online, it'll show up in the app. It's a good work around to use while they fix the app sync issues. [/quote]

How do you sync online?