Mid-morning and mid-afternoon Snacks

Options
Hello. I've been on MFP for about 3 years and have lost about 2 stone (although 5 pound of that has gone back on over Christmas). Anyway, I'd like to lose a further stone, perhaps more. I find the most difficult times of the day around 11am and 3pm as I'm not quite ready for lunch or dinner but start to feel hungry. I have tried all sorts of snacks over the years (fruit, breadsticks, ricecakes, ryvita etc) but nothing seems fill me for long.

Can anyone recommend any particularly filling healthy snack?

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I like protein best for snacks. A spoonful (weighed) of nut butter on celery. Hard boiled eggs with sriracha. I don't eat much cheese, but my kids love 'em... cheese sticks. Some almonds.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same issue where I need a snack around 10am-11am and 3pm because I eat breakfast early. I pack 1/4 cup of raw pecans or almonds, half of a cucumber raw (or whole cucumber if it's a small one), mango slices, half or whole red bell pepper slices, one apple with almond butter, eggs. I usually eat eggs for breakfast so I don't bring hard boiled eggs with me for a snack, but that's definitely a good option. I rotate most of these and bring two snacks a day to work or out with me. I hope this helps!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I agree with mamapeach... I get pretty hungry these times of the day as well. I do something protein rich, either a bar, peanut butter with a banana or apple, hummus, greek yogurt, granola, nuts or string cheese.
  • MoMoXF2014
    MoMoXF2014 Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do almonds and an apple sometimes I'll have almond butter instead of almonds. Just watch your intake because the calories can add up.