Don't keep them in the house.
  • ksandhu16
    ksandhu16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually ask hubby to hide them from me
    :)
  • jcopeland545
    Options
    I have a problem with chocolate and junk food, like I could eat it all day long. Maybe find an alternative snack that's healthier and eat your crisps as a reward once in a while. The biggest advice that I can give because I learned the hard way is don't deprive yourself from the foods you love or you'll give up. Eat it in moderation.
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Def eat in moderation and as mentioned, don't keep them in the house! If you like the texture, you could try making crisps out of cheese - pile the cheese into sections on baking sheet, and pop into the oven until they melt and then turn nice and crispy. Let them cool and enjoy as a snack! They're great for dipping in hummus as well.
  • ashleyletten1
    Options
    Thank you for all comments Iam sure going to give them all a go :)
  • LinaBeanX
    Options
    I know what you mean, I'm terrible for snacking on chocolate! I try and make sure I have a healthier alternative readily available to go to first, but as long as it fits in with your calories, there's nothing wrong with a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar every once in a while :smile:
  • beffells96
    Options
    You can get crisps which a called cheese curls, sort of a rip off of quavers but only have 62 cals in them!
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    To start, buy only a single serving package occasionally. Also try substituting in something more healthy. I like air popped popcorn, or a serving of smoked almonds. Once you get the hang of it, you can reintroduce having a larger container and taking just the one serving. I used to eat tons of junk food, after a while it gets easier to have it just occasionally and to stop at one serving. I have even conquered my nemesis, Cheetos! For a long time I couldn't have those in the house as I would scarf down half a bag.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Change them for something that fills you up like popcorn (not sugar loaded ones) and corn cakes (not sugar loaded snack a jacks).

If it's not in the house then you won't eat it. I always tell family to stop buying fatty snacks and get some fruit instead as they always complain that they need to loose weight but shoot themselves in the foot by buying all these snacks in the first place from the supermarket.

Always go to the supermarket after you've had a nice meal, that way you'll be shopping with your head and not tummy.
  • xtielynn
    xtielynn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered these:

http://www.cocofoods.com

16 cals per crisp and they're perfect with salsa, hummus, peanut butter... Just having trouble finding them here in Atlanta!