garcinia cambogia

Options
people who have actually tried this, what is your opinion on it?

Replies

• gethotjeanne
    gethotjeanne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking and it works! everyday - track every meal.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    If it worked, we would have no fat people.
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking and it works! everyday - track every meal.
    how much do you take?

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ^^ Sigh.....went right over your head.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    ^^ Sigh.....went right over your head.

Exactly what I was thinking
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It does work if you're very rigorous with every logging you do. I usually do it right when I've got the thing in front of me, so it doesn't even take me two minutes to log it before start eating.
    When I cook (aka grandma cooks) I check on everything that goes in the food so I am as accurate as possible with the logging.
    I do pre-log some stuff I know I will eat the next day, but just out of habit. It would take me 30 seconds to do it on the moment.
    Like I said, it will work if you're very rigorous and sincere; if you only log... I don't know, let's say, just the salad you eat for lunch, but not the chocolate you eat as a snack, it obviously won't work at all.
  • mandalou15
    Options
    I have tried it and didn't really see any results.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    It's a weight loss gimmick. Popping a pill won't cause weight loss. Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit.
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz say that gimmick or not, if it helps people get started on weight loss, it's useful. Personally, I think it can help with the early weeks of adjusting to smaller portions, even if it's just a placebo effect.
  • KeeRae1989
    KeeRae1989 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My husband has been using it and it is helping him. However, it isn't a miracle pill that's going to make you lose 7 pounds a week like some people claim. He's lost maybe an extra pound a week so far. I used it at first too, but I have high blood pressure and it was messing with that. Just make sure if you do take it that it doesn't have any crazy fillers. The one my husband takes has 75% HCA with Calcium and Potassium.
  • KeeRae1989
    KeeRae1989 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    krlevart wrote: »
    My husband has been using it and it is helping him. However, it isn't a miracle pill that's going to make you lose 7 pounds a week like some people claim. He's lost maybe an extra pound a week so far. I used it at first too, but I have high blood pressure and it was messing with that. Just make sure if you do take it that it doesn't have any crazy fillers. The one my husband takes has 75% HCA with Calcium and Potassium.

It doesn't do anything...it's all in his head!

Not true. It's basically an appetite suppressant. If you take it when you're supposed to it really does suppress the appetite. He hasn't changed anything else, he's just not as hungry. Plus, if it is a placebo effect, does it really matter? It's jump started his weight loss.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I polished off a jar just to say I did. No effects whatsoever. Save your money.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I heard Dr. Oz say that gimmick or not, if it helps people get started on weight loss, it's useful. Personally, I think it can help with the early weeks of adjusting to smaller portions, even if it's just a placebo effect.

haha! In for Dr. OZ bashing!
  • zemmy
    zemmy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually one for supplements, but on a whim I'm giving it a shot (as of Dec. 27) and I will say it's suppressed my appetite pretty well... before the holidays i was super hungry all the time and I'm not anymore.

The first couple of days I took it like the bottle said, but it was too much - I actually had zero appetite. I'm taking 1/2 that now so I do have an appetite, but it does make it easier to eat less, smaller portions, and more mindfully consume that which I do because the ravenous monster is gone.

The brand I got is high on the mg active ingredient... each dose of 4 pills is 1556mg extract @ 60% hydroxycitric acid and they say to do that 3x per day, 1 hour before meals with an 8oz glass of water (which of course contributes to feeling fuller and is a good idea regardless).

Overall, I'm happy with it but I don't see doing it for the long-term - I think after a few weeks, my stomach and mental expectations will have shrunk enough to make small portioning easier.