Half-Way

Options
Mapanggulo
Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
Today is a great day for me, I'm officially at my Half-way mark...well I'm actually a little bit under it :)

I started with a weigh-in as I was self-enrolled in the VA's MOVE! Weight Management Program on Jul 9th, 2014. Almost 6 months later and here I am today, Had my weigh-in at the VA Hospital for my VA MOVE Support group meeting. I'm down 54lbs from my starting weight and am only 47lbs away from my goal weight.

I attribute my success to a few things (not necessarily in this order).

1. MyFitnessPal - being able to log and track my calories/macros, the community forums to get answers and ask questions, and the friends I have made here that give me support & encouragement.

2. The Veterans Administration's MOVE! Weight Management Program - the wealth of information they provide, along with the encouragement & support from them and other veterans has been outstanding.

3. Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) - one of the best organization I've met, made up of veterans and non-veterans that have helped inspire me to set some goals for this next year. So far I've got a lot of encouragement, help and camaraderie from my local group, Team RWB - Wichita. Anyone that is a veteran or supports our veteran can join...it's not just for runners, athletes, but walkers, swimmers and other folks.

4. My will power, desire to loose weight, become healthier and achieve some goals I've set for myself. While I know I have to have the will power to be successful in this journey...I know I wouldn't have been as success full with the other 3 contributing factors.

Now on to loosing more, exercising more regularly, and start checking off those bucket-list & goals I have for my future.

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep going, you got this!
  • Mapanggulo
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep going, you got this!

Thank you!! :)

• kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done honey! But I can't believe you put yourself at the very end of that list... (Higher! Higher!) Congrats on getting to the 1/2 way mark. xx
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! :D
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    And congratulations!
  • Mapanggulo
    Options
    Well done honey! But I can't believe you put yourself at the very end of that list... (Higher! Higher!) Congrats on getting to the 1/2 way mark. xx

Thank you very much!! Oh that list isn't necessarily in the order of importance. Some days the order changes depending on my mood, what type day I'm having or other factors. I'm still one that will give credit to others first in helping me before I take credit myself...but that's just me :)
    By I added you...might bug you about C25K
  • Mapanggulo
    Options
    EAK_09 wrote: »
    Nicely done! :D
    EAK_09 wrote: »
    And congratulations!

Thank you very much! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!