Water intake

Options
HI! Anyone have any tips on how to make yourself drink more water? I can seriously go all day without drinking anything. It doesn't bother me. How can I make myself drink more water? Any tips are appreciated.

Replies

• Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    try carrying a water bottle with you at all times. I do that all day long and drink more water that way.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Always have some available. I have a 32 oz water bottle on my desk. I fill it up first thing and make sure to finish it by lunch and then fill it up again after lunch and drink it all by the time I leave. I'm a water 'gulper' and I usually drink the entire bottle in about 2-3 drinks, so I don't sip. I think the key is to have it easily accessible.
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have to make a conscious effort everyday! I just keep chugging all day long.
  • JLindze07
    JLindze07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have it accessible. I also play little games in my head, like I have to have a bottle gone by the time I get to work, if that means I sip all morning or I gulp it down. Then I have to have another on done by say 9 so by 8:50 I am looking at by bottle going I have to have that gone. I do this all day. By giving it a deadline keeps me on track and accoutnable of what and how much I need to drink.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I always have a 1ltr bottle by my computer at work and have a marker line across the middle of it saying lunch time. That way I know if I am behind or not. I also keep one in the living room and bedside table. Its more of a habbit you have to get used to more than anything.

There are also apps out there that remind you to drink more water.

Tips I can recommend are buying a nice looking water flask or adding things to the water like lemon or mint. You could even buy yourself a pricey water filter flask, that way you'll kick yourself if you don't use it as you wasted money on it.
  • redneck_princess1687
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the suggestions!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    -Always keep water with you/near you (a cup, water bottle). Try to take a drink (even a sip) every so often. Could be every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hour. As you do this more, you'll begin to form a habit/want to drink water more.
    -Challenge yourself and make up rewards. For example: drink 8 ounces in a day=new cookbook, 16 ounces=new gym attire, etc. You can set the goals you want and whatever 'rewards' will entice you to stick with it.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am the same way...I could go all day without drinking. Now I am making an effort to drink...I have a 22oz cup on my desk at work. If I fill it twice throughout the day I figure 44oz a day of water isn't a bad way to start. It helps that the cup has a straw in it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I take 2 32oz refillable water bottles to work with me every day and at home I keep a good supply of 16oz water bottles which I keep in my bed room and TV room. I'm drinking 96oz a day which is more than the recommended amount.
  • joshjordan127
    joshjordan127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just carry the same bottle with me everyday. Hydroflask, so I don't have to worry about buying bottled water. I just make sure to drink so many bottles of that same bottle a day, so I know that I at least had so much water. I've found that this work best for me at this point. If I drink it 4 times, that's 72 ounces.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Have it with you all the time. If you don't like water, eat and drink other things to keep you hydrated. Cucumbers and watermelon have high water contents to help keep you hydrated. If you don't like water, drink tea, watered down juice, coffee, pop, flavoured water, etc. You don't need to drink a certain amount of water a day; all liquids, and many foods hydrate you (and before people jump in saying caffeinated things dehydrated you, the water content hydrates you more than the caffeine will dehydrate you).
  • redneck_princess1687
    Options
    Thank you all! I bought a 24 oz pink camo real tree water bottle which I love! It has a straw too so that seems to be helping... not sure why that makes a difference but it goes so much quicker that way! Have increased my water intake by so much...( my bladder hates me!) Thankful for all your help and suggestions on my journey to a new me!