Trying to lose my American fat

Options
So I was a exchange student in USA last year, and I gained about 25 pounds, trying to lose them before I start college in August

Replies

• fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Every time I go over there I gain a couple pounds also. Food halls are my weakness :neutral_face:
  • teodorazo
    teodorazo Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I hope to lose some weight ! It's like It's been almost half a year since I came back from US, and I didn't lose any weight! :(
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    I hear ya! I am trying to keep any European fat that I have though. That is better.
  • 17BigDaddy
    17BigDaddy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm motivated...it's 12 years overdue...the last time I saw those washboard abs..I'm watching what I eat, putting in the work, and just received T25 in the mail...I'm commited to seeing them again...dropped 25 lbs in 2 months. Started out at 189 lbs and now down to 171 lbs. I want to get back to college weight and physique
  • teodorazo
    Options
    25 in 2 months?! Wow! Good job and keep going! I hope to do well too!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Because America is the only place in the world where you can eat too many calories...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Because America is the only place in the world where you can eat too many calories...

I know right. *rolling eyes*
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options

No you can eat too many calories anywhere! It's just American fat that's bad for you ;)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

No you can eat too many calories anywhere! It's just American fat that's bad for you ;)

Right! I forgot we have a special brand of fat over here. Who can I blame for that?
  • SofaKingRad_II
    SofaKingRad_II Posts: 591
    edited January 2015
    Options

Right! I forgot we have a special brand of fat over here. Who can I blame for that?

George Bush or any other politician. It's always their fault!
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The land of the Free...

and supersized food/drink portions
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I go to Disney World once a month or more, I see a lot of Europeans there, let's just say they are not skinny by any means, most of them.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly curious: what about living in America do you think made you gain? Was it the types of food, drinking culture in college, etc? I lived in the UK for about six months and lost some weight, but mostly because I didn't have a lot of money and didn't like the food! It didn't seem particularly healthy there either :/

Good luck!
  • 17BigDaddy
    17BigDaddy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thx, just walked it off
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Gosh I miss American food! Going back in Feb for 3 weeks of non stop eating...but speaking as an American living in Germany..food seems fresher and I generally eat less processed food here...and I walk a lot more now than I did in the US....I think my first 2 months living here is constantly had blisters on my feet from the walking.
    But America didn't make you fat...over indulging a bit did it :)
  • AWordyGirly
    AWordyGirly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ha, I love this post and I love America and the food.. :-) I'm an Irish girl who holidays there as much as I can. From my experience I always put on weight when I go but thats because I'm in holiday mode and the food is so good - you can get so many more things there , than Ireland. I can understand how people put on weight though as portions are generally larger- Americas small portion would be at least a medium/regular here.