New/help

Options
hi. I am new to MFP. I signed up yesterday. I lost weight on another program but gained it back over the holidays. I am good until I get home from work. Then I'm like a vacuum cleaner, right up until I go to bed. My problem is sweets/sugar. I am stuck and very frustrated. I am looking for some help with eating better and quinching the sugar habit. Any help or advice on food and motivation to eat clean wld be appreciated. Thx

Replies

• Poppythehalfling
    Poppythehalfling Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want!
    I use to be the same way. You just need to plan a big-ish meal for when you come home for work. Take a long shower/bath and relax. You could also be very dehydrated! Which can lead to over eating, so Id drink two cups of water, wait 20 minutes and if you're still hungry eat something healthy!(:
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thk u so much. I will friend u!
  • chrissymd1970
    chrissymd1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie, I am new to this too (again). I started using this app awhile ago and thought it was great but I fell off the wagon and went back to my old ways, but I am back on it again. If you would like to friend me, I would be happy to try and help keep you motivated. I have been finding that I like to munch when I get home after a stressful day at work also. I try to eat my healthy dinner with extra veggies and if I am still hungry after that or i have a sweet tooth, I do reward myself with a glass of water and I fat free snack (pudding or ice cream bar). Good luck to you, you can do it, one day at and time! :-)
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, I would come in the house and grab whatever I could find. Drinking water is a great suggestion. Maybe even drink some on the way home so you feel full when you get there. I have 2 kids to feed, bathe and get to bed so I use them as a distraction to keep me from eating. I'll also empty the dishwasher or sort some laundry so keep busy.
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    One thing that has worked for me is to eat small several times a day. I think it helps to keep blood sugar level throughout my day which leads to less bingeing.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    if you start your day with a sweet breakfast, you may crave sweets all day - this happens to some people.

try starting your day out with something savory instead.

if you're always starving, make sure your calorie allotment is high enough!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    if you start your day with a sweet breakfast, you may crave sweets all day - this happens to some people.

try starting your day out with something savory instead.

if you're always starving, make sure your calorie allotment is high enough!

That's exactly how i am. I used to use a ton of sugar in my coffee and then i would graze on sugar all day long. Now i use splenda and it's a lot easier to just have less sweets in general.

I started "Snack Time" at my house in the evening. Instead of having a dessert after dinner we have some sort of treat later. This was mostly for my 10 year old who could eat all day long if no one was watching.

Since snack time started, we all crave sweet things less throughout the day since we have that treat to look forward to. Sometimes she will surprise me and request raw carrots and veggies for snack. Um Yeah!!! lol
  • awhitesi
    awhitesi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I got better with daily workouts, but failed to realize that I needed to change my nutrition. Getting on track with the 21 day fix nutrition plan changed everything. Send me a friend request and we can connect. I wish you all the best on your journey and can't wait to help!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    awhitesi wrote: »
    You're not alone! I got better with daily workouts, but failed to realize that I needed to change my nutrition. Getting on track with the 21 day fix nutrition plan changed everything. Send me a friend request and we can connect. I wish you all the best on your journey and can't wait to help!

I just had to google that one... That diet would bore the hell out of me. I'd rather lose weight eating french fries, pizza and cake. What are you supposed to do after 21 days?
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thx so much to all of u. I will friend request when i get home tonight. I appreciate all. Really good advice!