Not giving up again...

Options
paul1ld
paul1ld Posts: 4 Member
I have been battling weight gain for years. Two years ago I lost over 30 lbs on weight watchers and I have gained it all back. I'm really hoping to find success with MFP. I need all the help I can get!! Starting weight is 250 and I would LOVE to get back to 196. Wish me luck!! :)

Replies

• Polywoggs
    Polywoggs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Right there, with ya! "LUCK!"
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm in the same boat. Giving this another go!
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. Best of luck to you!!
  • abanek1
    abanek1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am right with you. Kept my weight off for years and 3 kids later... I am ready to lose the 40 I gained!
  • paul1ld
    Options
    Thanks ladies, it makes you feel better to know you aren't alone. Let's drop some pounds!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started here, left, came back, left, and back again for the third time. 80 or so lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • ens102
    ens102 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, fallen off the wagon but I'm back on it and refuse to get discouraged.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on mfp for about 15 months, lost 34lbs but still have a long way to go.

Anyone is welcome to friend me but the following are MUSTS for me.
    1. You log onto mfp regularly
    2. You comment on post and not just use the like button.
    3. The support is two way and you give support to me in return for the support I give to you.

I do delete those that do not support and comment as I want to be a supportive friend on this journey.
    Good Luck to you all.
  • mrsamcarr
    mrsamcarr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely dealing with starting over yet again. I've been battling my weight issue my whole life but this year is the year!! Hoping MFP, the gym and me and my family's new healthier lifestyle will do the trick! Working on losing 60lbs and keeping it off!! Add me if you'd like! Good luck everyone! We CAN do this!!
  • teeseeytopcat
    teeseeytopcat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello ...although I am much, more older than you I'd like to offer my input. I had initial success w/ Weight Watchers years ago & successfully maintained a 25 pound weight loss until .....kids, career, etc. I did rejoin WW 5 years ago but found I was OBSESSED with food. Last April I came across MFP, a wonderful site with a wealth of great resources. I'm happy to report that I have lost 30 pounds. Yes, I know some folks report losing 30 pounds in 3 months; however, I bet as you get older your metabolism slows up. Nonetheless, I'm most satisfied with this slow, but steady weight loss. I have much more to go [~50 pounds] but I FINALLY feel that MFP is the route for me. Also important to me is to feel I'm enjoying food & not allowing it to rule my life. I do have a treat day each Sunday & although I know others would discourage this practice, for me it's nice to know I can enjoy a restaurant meal with my great supportive husband & order what I want, including dessert if I feel inclined. It's interesting to note that I have tried to eliminate most refined sugar from my food intake & gosh, darn, I realize I don't miss it too much!

All the best to you & remember, you can do this. Check in from time to time to "chat" with all the supportive folks on this site.
  • paul1ld
    Options
    Wow, all of you are so inspirational, this is great! I appreciate everyone sharing their insight. I took have a somewhat dysfunctional relationship with food. I know what I need to do but it is the actual act of doing it. During the day while I am at work, I can stick to my plan, but while at home I get out of control. I really need to measure out portions and write down how many calories are in everything in the kitchen. Meal planning!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    MFP is all that has ever worked for me -- over 1 year of calorie counting - not bored or tired. I'm still "in the zone" and don't think of it as being a "diet" at all --- I make different choices.

BEST WISHES.

73641431.png

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is to educate yourself about what really happens to your body when you are losing weight or getting fit or both. This way you can be better at adapting and problem solving with your workouts and have more confidence when exercising or at the gym.

the second thing I recommend is to choose a program. When we first start out, we dont know enough to create and execute our own program. So find one that balances cardio and strength and fuel it all with smart eating.

for #1 try the New Rules of Lifting for Women - it is not NOT a bodybuilding she-man lift allllll the things kind of book. It's up to date info regarding fitness in general and it will give you a huge advantage.
  • loujen1
    loujen1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    doomspark wrote: »
    I started here, left, came back, left, and back again for the third time. 80 or so lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

Would love to have you in my corner, we can exchange ideas and encourage one another