Trying to get it right this time...

Options
I was 225lbs when I got pregnant. I was not expecting to get pregnant. I was actually in one of my "diet" phases and being super healthy and trying to lose weight...that's probably how I got pregnant. 3 days before my water broke in an Italian restaurant, I weighed in at 257 lbs. I knew it was mostly pregnancy weight but I was horrified. 2 weeks after my daughter was born, I was surprised to know that I weighed in at 227lbs. Feeling confident about that, I started exercising at home on maternity leave. I had horrible sciatic nerve pain (bulging disc and bad si joint from pregnancy) so I stopped exercising. Weeks later, I weighed in at 240lbs. Horrified again, I knew I needed to make a change. So I busted my *kitten* and got down to 213lbs.....annnnd now I'm back to 225 because I fell off track. I can't seem to grasp the fact that this isn't an overnight change. It'll probably take me a year or more, and it frightens me. I'm my own worst enemy. I want to be healthy and active with my daughter and husband. I'm reaching out for some support to see if that helps. My husband is constantly moving and can eat whatever he wants and stay skinny which makes food choices tempting.

My name is Lexi. Thanks for listening to my uneventful story.

Replies

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sister... soooo right there with you!!! Mine is a little backwards compared to yours a bit, my arthritis sits right on top of my sciatic nerve so I can get random intense pain just from sitting or standing. So to say the least sometimes it's just too painful to move around. Unfortunately that makes a great excuse for not kicking some serious you-know-what in your workouts. Now I'm horrified to find myself at 210.

My name is Kaitlin! My story is incredibly pathetic. Haha
  • lexinourihackford
    Options
    It's not pathetic! People who haven't had sciatica just don't get it. It is life altering pain. It sucks. I have to get nerve blocks now. My si joint on the left is so inflamed it is ridiculous, and my right side is going out now too. My daughter was worth it, but it'd be nice to get back to normal. It makes weight loss hard
  • mbb33
    mbb33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally understand I weigh 15 lbs more then I did right before I had my 9 month old :( 2 weeks after I had him I was down to 214 now i am up to 240. I feel totally pathetic.
  • lexinourihackford
    Options
    It's so hard sometimes with a baby to try and lose weight. I guess you can call it excuses, but by the end of the day when I'm able to workout, I'm just so tired! My 1 year old stopped sleeping through the night, and it makes it hard to accomplish much. I guess I could do workouts at home from hulu or something...but to be honest, I feel like a flabby idiot when I do those. I like to use machines at the gym or go on walks, but we have a terrible inversion right now and the air is so polluted they recommend not going outside haha.