30lb to lose in 2 months

Options

Replies

• Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    pjack142, are you committed to eating clean and working out intensely? That is the only way you are going to accomplish your goal. If you are looking for a magic pill or solution, then you have to be more realistic. You have to burn more calories than you consume, but eat enough calories to keep from slowing down your metabolism;.

Why is 30 lbs in two months such an urgent goal? If that is what you intend to do, hire a nutritionist and trainer who can get you there without hurting yourself.
    '
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    pjack142 wrote: »
    I mean why can't you lose 1.5kg or 3.5lb per week? If you are serious about losing extra weight around your waist???

Losing that much means you would have to consume 1750 calories under what you burn A DAY. Unless you weigh 400 pounds, that large of a deficit is seriously unhealthy. A large deficit when you don't have much to lose leads to more loss of muscle and a deprivation of important nutrients to keep your body healthy.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I mean why can't you lose 1.5kg or 3.5lb per week? If you are serious about losing extra weight around your waist???

Because weight loss isn't just fat. It's muscle, water, and tissue as well. The idea of using a reasonable deficit and losing slowly is that you minimize the amount of muscle lost during weight loss. You want to retain as much lean body mass as possible.

Extremely aggressive deficits when you do not have much to lose can be problematic because of this, and often result in the person seeing the scale weight they want but not being happy with how their body looks. Instead of seeing a tight, taut figure, they end looking soft and flabby at goal weight because they have lost so much muscle.

This is why people recommend keeping a reasonable deficit, eating lots of protein (aids in muscle retention during weight loss), doing resistance training (whatever is heavy for you), and getting some cardiovascular exercise for overall health.
  • busseybl
    busseybl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a lot! I would love to lose 30lbs in 3 months... that's my goal. I hope you make it, girl! :) You go!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    that's like 0 sushi buffet dinners in 2 months, don't know if I could do it.
  • krystalfay
    Options
    Add me if you want. I'm in need of support as well.
  • MizzMaldy
    MizzMaldy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    that's like 0 sushi buffet dinners in 2 months, don't know if I could do it.
    ^ Preach!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    depends on you starting weight, if you are only losing 30 total it will be tough, if you are say 260lbs, probably doable
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have 2 months to lose 30lb after having my baby ( 5 months old). I really do need friends to support and motivate each other. I have tried several times on my own and failed!!! Cheers

Your baby weighs 30lbs after 5 months? There's plenty of adoption agencies around. Or you could go for the classic dumpster scenario. Then you've lost all 30lbs in one go.

• travisbirt
    Options
    I think it is doable, but not maintainable or really healthy to do a crash diet like that. If you exercise like mad, and watch what you eat, sticking with mostly veggies and water with some lean meats, you can probably do it. I think most the people doubting are more trying to encourage you to set a more attainable goal with maintainable habits. I think if all you really need to lose is 30, the first 20 will be easy, after that it is going to get harder and harder. I wish you all the luck in the world, but luck is not going to do it, serious commitment to diet and exercise is going to!
  • kiwi0320
    kiwi0320 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose 30 pounds in 10 weeks so my time frame is a little longer. It's completely doable, but you just gotta watch out for what you eat and get your gleteus maximas moving! My brother has dropped about
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    oh man, imagine the loose skin with such a drastic weight loss in such a short amount of time.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This thread is going south!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Why two months? Is this a spring break thing?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Why two months? Is this a spring break thing?

<3
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's possible! Two months might be hard though.

Here's my proof it can be done in 3 months! Give it %100 and you can do it!

hylv2zthlcrc.jpg

In 2013 I lost 30 pounds in 3 months using MyFitnessPal.

I didn't break my back doing it, and I still had thin crust pizza and beer weekly!

- Jogged/Ran for 20 minutes, 3-4 times a week
    - Did light weight lifting and 30 pushups for 15 minutes, 3-4 times a week
    - Consumed 1400-1600 calories per day
    - Consumed 120g-130g carbs per day

I'm doing it again now, feel free to add me as a friend anyone! I share my diary etc :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    To lose 30 lbs in 2 months you will lose a lot of muscle, heads up.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    snaapz wrote: »
    It's possible! Two months might be hard though.

Here's my proof it can be done in 3 months! Give it %100 and you can do it!

hylv2zthlcrc.jpg

In 2013 I lost 30 pounds in 3 months using MyFitnessPal.

I didn't break my back doing it, and I still had thin crust pizza and beer weekly!

- Jogged/Ran for 20 minutes, 3-4 times a week
    - Did light weight lifting and 30 pushups for 15 minutes, 3-4 times a week
    - Consumed 1400-1600 calories per day
    - Consumed 120g-130g carbs per day

I'm doing it again now, feel free to add me as a friend anyone! I share my diary etc :)

Are you going for another 30 or the same 30 you lost before?
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LoL - I got married and gained it all back! So starting over!!!!