Down 125lbs! If I can do it, you CAN DO IT! Thanks myfitnesspal!!

Options
k4tie82
k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 137 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. I started on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds at 15 years old. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I learned how to numb out life at an early age with all these meds… and I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

To start this process I went and got help for my addiction. After being tapered down off all the meds I really started to see the damage I had caused. That also motivated me to change my life. I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together :)

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a small, family owned gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!

Tips:
-If you are struggling with addiction… reach out and ASK FOR HELP.
-Track your food
-Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead!
-Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
-Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
-Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
-STAY COMMITTED to a healthy lifestyle
-Be patient. It doesn’t happen overnight. You will have bad days. Don’t beat yourself up! Let the bad days go and don’t let a bad day turn into a bad week.

If you are looking for meal ideas or inspiration you can friend my on myfitnesspal, or you can follow me on instagram at katiehugfitness!

lo244afd95mb.jpg
cajmxxi1bf5n.jpg

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! You look amazing.
  • Spazrax
    Spazrax Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done and thank you for sharing your story, you are incredible!
    Very inspiring :)
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!!
  • carafes
    carafes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!! I love inspiring stories!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • kikiluvdiva22
    kikiluvdiva22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love your story and you look amazing!! Very inspiring :D
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!! Way to go, and what an inspiration!
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! :)
  • missmacgetsfit
    missmacgetsfit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is absolutely amazing and so relatable for me. I think the biggest thing to remember, and what you pointed out, is that you have to set little attainable goals and not overwhelm yourself with what you want your final result to be. Great advice and congrats to you for your hard work!!!!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    (*) Epic! (*)

Can't help to ask - have You had much skin/stretch marks left after that huge loss?
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing, great job!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yay for you! Thanks for inspiring me!
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!! :)
  • jennyjaree
    jennyjaree Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Your hard work really paid off. Very inspiring!
  • ryana2
    ryana2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats @k4tie82! I have to ask, I have lost a similar amount of weight and when I finally reached my goal the number on the scale wasn't as meaningful as I thought it would be in the beginning. What I was most happy with was how I felt about myself, how happy I was, and that I had the feeling that anything was possible. Curious if you have felt like that. Have a great day!
    Ryan
  • Poppythehalfling
    Poppythehalfling Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look fantastic!! amazing job!! (:
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you look so good. Congratulations on your success and thank you for being such a motivator.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation, mentally and physically! Fantastic job!
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic and I'm sure you feel fantastic! Keep up the great work and keep motivating others!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!