Help addicted to Peanut Butter!

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
so i must say i am addicted to peanut butter i feel if i don't have at least one serving which is like 4 tablespoons lol... then i am not satisfied by the end of the day.... i need an alternative anyone with any good ideas??

Replies

• mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Better'n Peanut Butter. It's made with real peanuts, but 85% less fat and only 100 calories for 2 tablespoons. It's yummy. I eat it almost every day either in oatmeal or cream o wheat.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    theres a lot of people who can eat pb by the jar, im one of them, schmuckers all natural chunky pb mmmmmmmm.

Anyways PB2 for you is a powdered pb which is further processed to remove more fat. You add water to the consistency you want and it will def give you the taste of pb with a lot less cals. It's not exactly the same but it works.

You can have the real thing and then if you still crave it use this as substitue. PB2 powder can be added to anything you use regular pb for, baking, shakes, on top of yogurt, ice cream, etc.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    lol I don't know why I added "for you" after pb2 but its PB2 powdered peanut butter ha!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I think it is the salt that sucks me in. It is only peanuts and salt but the calories do add up. :) Because 80% of my calories need to come from Fats peanut and butter fits in quite well with my coconut oil fat source and others. I hope you get a reply that helps us all. :)
  • giag09
    Options
    ugggh why must i love it so much?!!!!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Most that I've seen are 2 tablespoons per serving. There's no harm in 1 serving per day, just don't have the whole jar!
  • Tantaluss
    Options
    Peanut Butter rocks. I eat it a lot and don't feel it's too bad for me. If you buy a decent quality brand the only added ingredient should be a very small amount of palm oil. Can't argue with that!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem here..........
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I love it on everything. I really never looked for alternatives but I do a lower sodium Jif Natural Peanut Butter.

Gosh, this makes me want my PB and Graham Crackers right now!
  • giag09
    Options
    the problem with it is that well some people can keep it to 2 tablespoons I tend to overindulge (my addiction) so all that added fat and calories isn't good but anyways just wanted some thoughts on the topic I will try to control my cravings :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Omg I love peanut butter just look at my name :D I do use pb2 for smoothies and to put in yogurt but I gotta have the real stuff pb2 has a weird consistancy when mixed with water and the taste isn't very strong
  • Healthy_gms
    Healthy_gms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Now I'm thinking about Graham Crackers & peanut butter! I have PB2 at my house & stopped using it... I'll have to try adding water & seeing how I like it.

Now I also want to try Smuckers Natural Chunky. :smiley:
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    PB2 Chocolate EVERY DAY!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    addiction everywhere up in here.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty serious about my peanut butter. I LOVE peanut butter.

If I have some, I just log it. It's not bad for you, it's just calorie dense.

If I don't have a lot of calories to spare, I'll mix a tablespoon of it into 6 oz of greek yogurt 0% and some splenda. It's pretty delicious and packs a great protein punch.
  • giag09
    Options
    @countjassula how do you use your pb2 I add it to smoothies I tried it in non fat greek yogurt and it still didn't help the taste
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    1 serving should be 2 Tbsp, not 4, on almost every jar I've ever seen.

I don't see the problem with working peanut butter into your daily calorie goals.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You're not addicted. You just really like it and have no self control around it
    I made an edit.

"You're not addicted. You just really like it and choose to have no self control around it."
  • giag09
    Options
    yep no self control I guess... too bad I have to little boys and a husband at home that love it too. I would rather not have it in the house.