Vegetarian meals

dianesimons21
dianesimons21 Posts: 16 Member
Any homemade recipes please

Replies

• painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Gosh! There are so many!!! Potimarron soup/ chickpeas fried in a little oil and loads of spices/ chopped chicory with chopped pears, walnuts and a good vinigrette (some strong blue cheese is excellent with this if you're not vegan)/baked sweet potatoes, pumpkin curry. I don't know why I ever bothered with meat!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited January 2015
    pasta marinara, pasta alfredo, pasta e fagioli, pasta with oil and garlic, pasta with pesto, mac and cheese ....
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    I love a vegetarian tagine or curry, tomato soup with white beans, mushrooms and bell pepper, pumpkin and goat cheese frittata with a green salad, homemade falafel salad or pita, a simple couscous with feta and lots of veg and of course there's a ton of possible pasta or rice dishes..

As for lunch, a hummus or egg sandwich is always a good option, or a tuna salad, smoked salmon and avocado toast, omelets.. the options are plenty!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    kimw91 wrote: »
    I love a vegetarian tagine or curry, tomato soup with white beans, mushrooms and bell pepper, pumpkin and goat cheese frittata with a green salad, homemade falafel salad or pita, a simple couscous with feta and lots of veg and of course there's a ton of possible pasta or rice dishes..

As for lunch, a hummus or egg sandwich is always a good option, or a tuna salad, smoked salmon and avocado toast, omelets.. the options are plenty!

Nothing bolded is vegetarian.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    I have been making more vegetarian meals lately. I really like this one and its simple to make (if you have a slow cooker):

Meatless Moussaka
    2 cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
    3 cups of marinara sauce
    1/4 tsp of cinnamon
    1 large or 2 small eggplants, sliced

combine lentils, marinara sauce and cinnamon and spoon 1/3 of mixture into slow cooker, add a layer of eggplant, continue layering 1/3 of the lentil mixture and the eggplant until done.

Put into the slow cooker for about 3 hours on high.
    I mixed everything together once it was cooked so everything is evenly distributed.

Serves 6 people, 207 calories/serving
    4g fat, 34g carbs, 13g protein
  • For lunch i have been having quinoia bowls. Cook a pot using vegetable broth instead of water. Roast a sweet potatoe in the oven. Peel and cut into slices. Rub with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast on parchment paper at 400 for 6-8 mind per side. I put the quinoia in the bowl and add some of the sweet potatoe some edamame (buy it frozen). Some black beans, green onion, a few cherry tomatoes and a bit of cilantro. Then I squeeze lime on it. It tastes good to me and it's easy to adjust the calories by adjusted I g or taking away the extras. You can add a bit of southwest seasoning by using equal parts cumin, paprika, onion, garlic powder and a bit if salt. I just sprinkle a bit on top. It's easy, you have lots of options and it can be eaten cold which is great.
  • dianesimons21
    I have been making more vegetarian meals lately. I really like this one and its simple to make (if you have a slow cooker):

Meatless Moussaka
    2 cans of lentils, drained and rinsed
    3 cups of marinara sauce
    1/4 tsp of cinnamon
    1 large or 2 small eggplants, sliced

combine lentils, marinara sauce and cinnamon and spoon 1/3 of mixture into slow cooker, add a layer of eggplant, continue layering 1/3 of the lentil mixture and the eggplant until done.

Put into the slow cooker for about 3 hours on high.
    I mixed everything together once it was cooked so everything is evenly distributed.

Serves 6 people, 207 calories/serving
    4g fat, 34g carbs, 13g protein

• dianesimons21
    Thank u for the moussaka recipe. I have a slow cooker, i have never heard of that sauce but can have a look in the supermarket. Im in England, I love aubergines, also courgettes. Our slow cooker rarely leaves the cupboard, but im definitely going to try this and start cooking veggie stews and stuff in it and make more of an effort. 207 calories is great :) Thank u
  • dianesimons21
    Gosh! There are so many!!! Potimarron soup/ chickpeas fried in a little oil and loads of spices/ chopped chicory with chopped pears, walnuts and a good vinigrette (some strong blue cheese is excellent with this if you're not vegan)/baked sweet potatoes, pumpkin curry. I don't know why I ever bothered with meat!

• dianesimons21

• dianesimons21

• Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 343 Member
    All these suggestions sound darn good. I seem to be eating more vegetarian lately!
  • dianesimons21
    Thank you so much for the ideas