Pre Work-Out Protein Shakes

Options
Any suggestions for yummy protein shakes for before a work out? All recipes welcomed!

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I drink a GNC Lean Shake 25 almost every day. There are healthier shakes, but this is the one I keep coming back to after trying several others, including Shakeology which I did not like at all.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I recommend you find the cheapest brand you can stomach. There are huge differences in price, and big differences in tastes... but only marginal differences how well your body absorbs the protein. Some might have better BCAA blends then others, but this is probably going to have ultimately very little effect in the results department.

Would recommend a whey based protein unless you have a health or lifestyle reason to avoid dairy.
  • jennkeeg
    jennkeeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink the premier shakes I got it at cosco it comes in powder or already mixed servings. They don't taste bad eithet
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I can't do a shake before working out, I'll puke.
    PB on toast or a banana works.

But after,,,,,,

I make my own using EAS brand whey adding: banana, coconut or almond milk and spinach. That's the base.
    Then I'll pick from the following to add for some fun with flavor and nutrition: blueberries or other fruit, PB, cinnamon, ice-cream, avocado, yogurt, you get the pic.
  • BabyWeight821
    BabyWeight821 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't do shakes often but when I do, I do a peanut butter banana smoothie.
    (a banana, peanut butter, almond milk, ice and you can add whey protein if you like though I don't) its super yummy :)