Another new girl! Need a buddy or two :)

Options
Hi! I'm 18 years old and 135 lbs.. I know I'm healthy, but I want to lose the last 5-10, maybe even 15 lbs to have a FLAT stomach and be TONED. I've been looking at healthier recipes and good workouts to lose weight semi-fast, but being bipolar, I have a hard time even getting out of bed sometimes.. I'm working on getting back into a good routine, and I'd like to have this weight gone by the middle of June. I know it can be done with hard work and motivation, but I'd LOVE someone to chat to about all of this to help keep me going!

Replies

• FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you joined MFP. It's helped me be more conscious of what I am eating and how much I'm working out. I'm 135 as well and would like to be down to 115. Feel free to add me!
  • lizzybeth1
    lizzybeth1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. I can understand your issue...I have major depression which makes losing weight hard on me.
  • babybutler
    babybutler Posts: 5
    Options
    hey welcome! feel free to add me as im having the same sort of issue, i do alot of excercise but nothing works for me im after a flatter stomach and toned thighs :) im fairly new as well so i need all the support i can get! i reckon we can do it together :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    As far as your goals of a flat, toned stomach, I encourage you to do a little nutrition research. Most studies show that the most effective way to lose belly fat and tone up is actually in your diet, not in your exercise routine. I'm reading a book right now called The Abs Diet, so if I come across any useful information, I'll let you know. Feel free to add me, and welcome to MFP!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Also, congrats on understanding that "skinny" doesn't always mean "healthy"! Best of luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • eouimet
    eouimet Posts: 29
    Options
    im in the same boat! id love to be friends and have that support