frustrated

Options
I am starting to get mad and upset and let down because I get good, I don't drink soda, I drink tons of water, I work out 2 to 3 times per week for a hour plus. I do core strengthening , and all the things I have picked up in classes and have read or been told but when it time for me to get on that scale, I wait ....1....2.....3 and it is the same as I was the week before. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it for? Sometimes it take a bit to see results.

Also, if you're asking for advice, people are going to ask for you to open your food diary. :wink:
  • ashleyrsamples
    Options
    I have doing it since the end of march. Well not on here bot doing everything I said.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    sodium is often times the culprit
  • kansasgal19
    kansasgal19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!

Maybe increasing the number of days you work out from 2-3 to 5-6 days with one day off...

I'm not sure though, I just friended you, it's good to help each other stay motivated. You can do it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I agree in order to understand or try to help the food diary has to be open
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well. Without seeing your food diary - I will have to just make some guesses based on my own experience.

Are you eating enough? Often times a lack of weight loss can be traced right back to a lack of eating. I know it goes against what you've always learned about weight loss, but eating is very important. Bodies that are worked hard during exercise, but not fueled right with food go into starvation mode. Plain and simple. They freak out, hold onto fat stores and refuse to lose weight. Eat more = weight loss.

Are you drinking enough water? Not drinking enough water will cause the body to hold onto water and that causes water retention weight gain or lack of weight loss. Especially if you are doing strength training. Muscles hold water while they repair themselves, so it is important to drink enough water.

Are you eating empty calories? Are you eating too much sodium? Often times these are two areas that can cause a stall in weight loss. Don't eat too much processed food and don't add extra salt to your food.

It could also be that your body is ready for a break from the gym. During my weight loss journey, I would hit a standstill - take a full week off from the gym and end up losing 5lbs or so. Our bodies need time to rest and repair themselves.
  • ashleyrsamples
    Options
    I am on a.sodium restriction diet for a kidney stone but I have been at this weight for like a month. It is so hard when you get stuck like this to keep motivated. But I am determined to get the weight off. I will open my food journal up.
  • ashleyrsamples
    Options
    I think I did it right. I opened my diary to everyone.
  • minxblack
    minxblack Posts: 40
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Have been in a plateau for a month. I have asked around an everyone says they go through it. I have heard everything from, it gives your body time to reset to change your exercise routine cause you're ina slump, to you're not eating breakfast. But everyone did say same thing.. keep going. And stop stepping on scale. So my plan is to not get on the scale again for 2 weeks, change my workout routine, and remember to eat oatmeal and eggs within 90 minutes of waking so I don't make my body think we're starving.

I hope some of this helps. I really think the key is the breakfast within 90 minutes but it could take 10 days for the body to reset again. So hang in there.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You only seem to be logging 2 meals a day. You should be eating more frequently through out the day! You don't have your sodium tracked, but it seems like a of the foods you are eating would be VERY high in sodium (chicken nuggets, burriots, fries).

I think you need add way more healthy foods into your diet! Fruits, veggies, whole grains!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sodium is killing you currently. All that fast food is very very high in sodium, sodium is not a bad thing we all need it but not in the amounts your probably getting. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to flush it out.

Your caloric intake is often times to low. The minumum should be 1200 calories a day. Good Luck with your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • kansasgal19
    kansasgal19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    After looking at the diary, I really agree with some other posts about fruits and vegetables, and less fast food. Even if the fast food fits in the calories requirement, it still won't be helping you shed any weight because it's high in sodium, carbohydrates, and less on the nutrients side of calorie content.

I suggest looking at some other people's diaries on here who have been successful and steal some ideas :)

You can do it!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get mad and upset and let down because I get good, I don't drink soda, I drink tons of water, I work out 2 to 3 times per week for a hour plus. I do core strengthening , and all the things I have picked up in classes and have read or been told but when it time for me to get on that scale, I wait ....1....2.....3 and it is the same as I was the week before. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Just flipping through your diary it looks like you're barely eating anything - are you recording everything you eat? That might have something to do with it.

My huge issue is sodium. The scale doesn't move - or goes UP - if I eat too much. If you go into the settings area you can track how much you're taking in. That might help too.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I have to agree...I noticed 3 things right off the bat when I looked through your diary..

1. You are not eating very many calories,
    2. Many of the calories you are eating are processed, and
    3. you could use a bit more fresh fruits, veggies, and whole foods.

I imagine the sodium of the processed foods is what may be holding you back and the lack of other very important nutrents.

What you put in your body is what you will get out of it....so try replacing some of the processed food with good whole foods, keep up the working out and water, and I'm sure you will have great results!

You can do this! Don't give up!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I also notice that some things like - 2 slices of white bread and butter are a lot more than 26 calories. I think some of the cals MFP is giving you are off.

I double check things against the packaging of what I'm eating before I enter it.

--- unless you're just having a portion... that could be it I suppose.
  • sherrilcox
    sherrilcox Posts: 5
    Options
    I would try adding sodium and sugar to your tracker and see if you are consuming too much sodium. Sometimes that can make a difference, at least with me. Good luck!