Workout Gear & Body Spray?

Options
Hi
Just wanted to know if any ladies can recommend any good workout gear for women? Mostly looking for good clothing that wicks sweat and easy to run(indoors and /or outdoors) and a nice body spray? I sweat a lot and worried a bit about some BO...thanks
and please don't recommend just t-shirts and shorts, because they tend to get sweaty and smelly fast on me...

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Old Navy compression bottoms and Nike dri fit bottoms. I don't have a body spray recommendation. I drip sweat during my bootcamp classes and regular deodorant seems to work just fine. Tops I'm not as picky about. I usually do tanks because I feel constricted in T-shirts. But I have picked up some Nike dri fit tanks recently but haven't worn them yet.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Deodorant for the smell issue. Get the clinical kind (usually comes in a box and is in the top row at the store) if you are really concerned.

I like the Tek Gear stuff from Kohl's. And then whatever t-shirts are comfortable and not too loose, not too clingy. I think that's a personal thing so I'm not sure what to say when you say not to suggest t-shirts.
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies, this helps out a lot! I just noticed a lot of the other guys smell better than I do sometimes and my "regular" workout gear tends to absorb sweat and starts to smell damp afterwards
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Try adding white vinegar to the wash when you wash your workout gear. And wash your workout gear more often. I know that I can't wait until I get a load's worth of workout clothes to wash because they would stink to high heaven. Instead, I just throw it in with whatever throughout the week.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend a body spray because those can be more unpleasant than b.o. lol. i put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spray down all my clothes after a work out and before a wash, similar to the vinegar thing mentioned above. I sometimes have to wash gym clothes a few times a week.

as far as what to wear, i also like old navy's active line, but really anything moisture-wicking should be good for the sweat.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    If you don't have workout clothes yet, Old Gravy is a good place to start.
  • girlinteepee
    girlinteepee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    good idea! will try that from now :)