Crazy schedules and...

Options
Hello there,

Anybody out there have a crazy schedule and need motivation to start training?
I work usually 43-45 hours a week (8h30 to 6pm, no lunch break most of the time) I work in advertising so its sometimes emotionally exhausting and stressfull.

I also have one night class a week. I commute usually 30-40 minutes between my home-work-school.

Last year I had an aqua-spinning class but I was so exhausted from work that I skipped many classes.

So how do you manage to stay motivated? :)

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Like the Nike slogan, "Just Do It". Make the time, because you are worth it. I work long hours, have a 40 minute commute one way. I am 63. I get up early to go to the gym and work out before work M-F and walk for at least an hour Saturdays & Sundays. I live in Minnesota, so it is cold, but still I find the time somehow. The alternative is going back to where I was 3 years ago, morbidly obese, unable to walk up a flight of stairs without becoming out of breath. Nope, I WILL NOT, go back to being that person.
    Where there is a will, there is a way.
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm with you and snowflake - I just do it. I work full time, commute an hour each way, in school full time and have a husband and 8 year old at home that need me to be present after work. It's hard - but it's worth it. I have to think to myself 'just finish today' - then do it. You are capable of what you think you can do!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Crazy schedule here too. Get up early and get in a workout. Do HIIT. My mornings...run 2-3 days, HIIT stationary bike (when cold) or walk dog 60 mins min (non-run/swim day), swim practice 2 days. Then in the evening, you don't have to worry about it if you are tired and can't make the gym (evenings are for weights so I make sure I go at least 2-3 times). Get in some activity on the weekend. Do something you really enjoy. One thing that has helped is my stationary bike. It allows me to watch TV. I go from series to series. And since I want to keep up with the series, I know I have to put in some work.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP that it. YOu know there are people with busier schedules working out. The single mommies find time to workout.

What about the people who work full time and go to school full time? They find time to workout.

Excuses are like noses. We all have them but who really cares.
  • Gogo_Zowie
    Gogo_Zowie Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your answers :D Actually I was looking for advices and also see if I could find people who also need motivation and support. I do know that some people have busier schedule than me, sorry if I look like I was complaining but i'm not.

Just looking for advices :-)
    Snowflakes930 It was -37c this morning in Montreal...very cold!
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What about a morning workout? Find a gym at or near your work, commute there, workout, shower and change and still be to work by 8:30am. Keep oatmeal in your desk or yogurt in a fridge for breakfast.