This doesn't seem right!!

Options
ive just logged my dinner for today and the main ingredient other than pasta is a dolmio stir in sauce. Now on the list of nutritional values at says 0.56g of sodium per 100g but when I scanned it onto my diary it said that there's 2200g of sodium in the packet. This is only a 150g packet so I don't understand where such a huge amount of sodium has come from. Can anyone help at all?

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Sodium on the label is in grams, it's in mg on MFP
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2200 is in milligrams. No food has 2200 grams of sodium. that would literally kill you.

If a food listing isnt right, create it. People are idiots, and food comes from everywhere on the planet. labels sometimes get lost in translation.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    btw....2200 grams is 4.9 lbs. Most of us don't eat that much food in a day.
  • Cherie1n2n3n4
    Cherie1n2n3n4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't trust the mfp data base... Not even the barcode scanner!!!! I repeat... DO NOT trust them! Since individuals add even the barcode information it is very subjective and more often than not it is incorrect. Double and triple check all the foods you enter with either the food label or with a reputable web source!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    ive just logged my dinner for today and the main ingredient other than pasta is a dolmio stir in sauce. Now on the list of nutritional values at says 0.56g of sodium per 100g but when I scanned it onto my diary it said that there's 2200g of sodium in the packet. This is only a 150g packet so I don't understand where such a huge amount of sodium has come from. Can anyone help at all?

0.56g = 560mg