Starving! Is anyone else extra-hungry this week?

Options
I've been doing great managing my hunger. Holidays? No problem. Then this week I am absolutely famished! I gave in and just ate a ton today - nothing bad, just a lot. Maybe it's just because I started lifting again after taking 6 weeks off following shoulder surgery, but I can't help but wonder - could it be the cold weather? It's not emotional, just pure, physical hunger. Just wondering if anyone else is struggling this week. Back on track tomorrow!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Me too.. Cold weather, hiding under loose warm clothes makes me feel like I need to fill up!

I was very sick during the holidays so I feel like I am making up for lost time and need to gain a few pounds I lost..

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I felt like that. Fed the monster. Moving on.
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »

Same.
  • jodielarms
    jodielarms Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way today. Not sure if it's the -10 degree weather or what but I'm starving. I have noticed in the past few months that if I have a day when I binge then I will drop about 2 pounds after. No idea why it happens but it does.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Hee hee... fed the monster!!

nXBz6.gif

Yep, days like those, I do the same.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    mohawkRN wrote: »
    I've been doing great managing my hunger. Holidays? No problem. Then this week I am absolutely famished! I gave in and just ate a ton today - nothing bad, just a lot. Maybe it's just because I started lifting again after taking 6 weeks off following shoulder surgery, but I can't help but wonder - could it be the cold weather? It's not emotional, just pure, physical hunger. Just wondering if anyone else is struggling this week. Back on track tomorrow!

Oh I am definitely hungrier when I increase my activity significantly!

There is a theory that hunger can be driven by cold as well, though I do not notice that I am hungrier today (lowest temp we've seen in about a year in my area) than usual. I do drink a lot of hot drinks and put on layers, though, when cold and I think it is possible that takes care of the problem.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yes, same here today. I'm attributing it to the wicked cold that has gripped this area the last couple of days. My body would like some extra fat to keep me warm. Hehehehe. :p
  • groulx2012
    Options
    Starving it's not good for a diet. !!
    I've lost 27 pounds, follow up a plan, and I need to eat every 2 hours.

The problem with christmas we all over eat. Even if we are full. So the week after it's hard.

I kick myself back on track last week, and now already lost 5 pounds =).
    If you're extra-hungry, maybe some veggies, or shake will help ?

Drink alot of water can also help, and try to do something that will not make you feel like you need to eat it's the only way we can do it.

Well say and do it's 2 differents things lol :)

Good Luck Girl =)

• mohawkRN
    mohawkRN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's exactly how I feel! Moving on and moving up!

• mohawkRN
    Options
    jodielarms wrote: »
    I feel the same way today. Not sure if it's the -10 degree weather or what but I'm starving. I have noticed in the past few months that if I have a day when I binge then I will drop about 2 pounds after. No idea why it happens but it does.
    Funny you should say that, because the scale says I'm up two pounds in about two days. It also says my muscle mass has stayed the same, so maybe it's just muscle, or maybe I haven't been eating enough. it's encouraging to hear that, anyway.
  • mohawkRN
    Options
    groulx2012 wrote: »
    Good Luck Girl =)

Thanks!

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Is it that time of the month? I'm always super hungry when I'm getting close to starting my period.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Is it that time of the month? I'm always super hungry when I'm getting close to starting my period.

This was me on Tuesday...but now I'm back at it for the most part.

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yes and I have made sure that I have tons of veggies around so I can just feed the beast and not totally blow my calorie count. Let's face it when the beast awakens...it is UGLY!
  • mohawkRN
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling much better today! Onward and upward!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have been too. I think because it's been SO cold here and my body is working twice as hard to keep warm. Or that's my theory.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It happens to me a few times a month... quite sure it's hormones-related! Thankfully it only lasts a couple days.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    mohawkRN wrote: »
    jodielarms wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, because the scale says I'm up two pounds in about two days. It also says my muscle mass has stayed the same, so maybe it's just muscle, or maybe I haven't been eating enough. it's encouraging to hear that, anyway.

It isn't likely that you put on 2 pounds fat or muscle over two days. If you've just started lifting, your body could be holding onto extra water to help build your muscle. Eating extra salt, or hormonal changes can also affect water weight. Hormonal shifts can also explain hunger.

Btw, I sympathize - had a hungry day yesterday too. They just seem to happen occassionally.