Bikini Competition

Options
Anyone here training for a bikini competition by any chance? Any tips or advice, things that are making the process easier for you?

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Find a trainer who specializes in training competitors.

Allow yourself enough time to go through a complete bulk cycle followed by a cut cycle before the competition date.

Ask that trainer additional questions.
  • fitzman84
    fitzman84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Youtube is your friend. Nikki Blacketter, Carissa Bluth, 1FitashMom... those are three good competitors with decent info on comp prep. There's a bunch more on there too if you search around a little. The female forum on bodybuilding.com will also have some info for you.

Good luck!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely get a trainer if you have no idea.
    secondly- at the very least- if you *can* (it's do-able) save money- lift for at least 6 months while bulking- put on some size. It's the cutting that's much harder- and really all they are going to do is put you on a chicken and broccoli diet- make you do cardio for an hour fasted in the morning and then lift at night. But if you can't do that- then pay someone to tell you to do it for you.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Check out Gym Girl Jessie's ebook "Barbells and Bikinis" "an everything guide for beginner competitors. http://www.gymgirljessie.com/#!ebook/c1inn
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so.

she's worth listening ot- or having a good beer with for the following reasons (*right off her own site)
    -
    I was born with an overactive sarcastic gene
    Tacos > Everything
    I'm a member of Mensa
    Bachelor of Science, University of Cincinnati, 2008
    Focus: Molecular & Cellular Biology

that's awesome.