Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I'm an attorney...which is Latin for pre-alcoholic. Welcome! Haha. :smile:
  • dylangrrrrl
    dylangrrrrl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cheers! I'm also not willing to give up a glass of wine or two in the evening or gasp! maybe even a cocktail. Feel free to add me, my diary is open.
  • petulant_frenzy
    petulant_frenzy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 glasses of wine most nights but am trying harder to limit that to 2-3 nights/week in the new year. Doesn't always work out that way though--what can I say, it's the one vice I have left! Logging it in MFP at least has helped make me cognizant of whether I'm drinking too much.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hell yeah!, you can still party and be a hottie!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    You rang??
  • Blind_Pilot
    Blind_Pilot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i like a good drink!! pretty much every weekend i have something to drink!! and some weekdays!! add me if ya like.. diary is open x
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm not a daily drinker, but when I do, I binge drink... drinks, shots. Normally go out for happy hour once a week and watch football on Sundays. Unfortunately, it's what's keeping me from reaching my goals, so I'm cutting back on the quantity. It's hard to do though, because my husband and I live by the beach in San Diego and host friends and family A LOT. So it often turns into a long weekend of drinking. Feel free to add me!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Lots of drinkers on here, :D I love my rum and a good beer, love Steamwhistle and Red Stripe as well as local craft beers. I am cutting down as I drank way too much last month and it wasn't helping the waistline. But I have been enjoying my daily ounce of Appleton XY and I make sure to leave room in my meal plan for it.
  • pileofnoodles
    pileofnoodles Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I rarely drink beer unless it's something high quality, but I'm a frequent whiskey drinker. I never count those calories though >:P

I just make sure I have worked out before I plan to drink. I've been sipping wine instead from time to time.
  • runslf
    runslf Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Same here as well - as evidenced by my profile pic! :) I also love my red wine and good beer - and usually have 1-2 glasses of wine a night but I am really trying to switch half or more nights to hot tea to unwind..... and then to reward myself by buying nicer red wine for the weekends. Or - to atleast just have one glass with dinner (a smaller pour) and then to relax with a pot of tea later in the day. I am really bad about logging though.... maybe I should, since my weight loss is so slow. And just like petulant frenzy - it's my one vice! I don't eat candy, drink pop, eat fast or junk food.... it's really my only indulgence.

I usually end up with a calorie surplus because I try not to eat my exercise calories back, so I generally know if a glass or wine will throw me off or not.

• Kearney1022
    Options
    It's hard to pass up my wine - so I'm right there with you! I just started the 21-day fix with beachbody and I'm only allowed 4oz of wine 3x/week - gasp! I'm not sure I've ever had just 4oz of wine. But I want to be committed over the next few weeks. Then once I've hit my goal weight, I'll probably add it back without going too crazy - maybe. Mostly, I'm hoping to lose the weight and continue eating better - then I can get back to drinking a bit more wine than a measly 4oz! Feel free to add me - I'm always looking for more workout buddies who have a realistic sense of drinking :-)
  • kimberlymoss3
    kimberlymoss3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a drinker, I love my red wine daily. I also walk all the time and workout maybe 4 days a week. I eat healthy so it works for me, I am not giving it up. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    Beer, wine, rum, scotch, I like booze.

It's still a part of my diet just a lesser one now
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily red wine drinker but I think it was the end of me for the last 6 months of 2014. Didn't enter it or the snacks I ate after drinking it.
    not what you want to hear but trying a Jan 2015 no alcohol challenge. Sorry to say it is working out really well ;(
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow drinkers! I really really love beer but since I really need to jump start this weight loss I've had to switch to vodka and club soda. Cheers :)
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Kimberly here, down 35 with about 15 to go. I'm not a Weekend Warrior like I used to be (aggressive brunching made me fatty!) but I still take down some scotch, champagne, and craft cocktails.

I am usually good during the week and then you'll see a couple of 2,500 'Quick Add Calorie' days from when I am out festing.

I'm a very active MFP user, feel free to add me.
  • sarahpete1
    sarahpete1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I like my daily white wine, usually as dinner prep is beginning. If you looked at my food logs sheets, I haven't been faithful at all logging past breakfast or lunch. Now seeing these posts, I'm going to strive to be better with honesty, entering the last morsels consumed between 5pm and 8pm. So, please add me to your list or whatever and I'm going to keep checking in for moral support, too. Thanks for posting, S
    arah
  • holly_wendelin
    holly_wendelin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to reduce drinking for a while, but I have cheat events planned. I could never give it up, how the heck do you get through life without bourbon??
  • FunSkittles
    FunSkittles Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I won't give up my drink! I am moderating it more now though! :)
  • Hmorgan2015
    Hmorgan2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad to see there are so many fellow drinkers! I will never give up my Coors Light or white wine either! I just need to learn to not have one every night! My cold beer sure does taste good after a tough workout though!