New to this

Options
hi to anyone that will read this. i just started back Monday, you know, New Year, new plan. i joked to my friends that this was my new diet i will fail at....but then i got on the scale and all i can say is OMG! since Monday my head has been spinning, i mean can i really weigh that much? i am 5'3" clocking in at 246! last time i got on the scale i was at 230, terrible, but now i am so close to 250!!! so now, to be honest, i am scared, scared to fail again, i mean how much freaking fatter am i going to get? i remember how awful it used to feel to keep saying "i need to lose 50lbs" but now, i need to lose at least 80lbs! The one thing i really like about this site is it only stretches out 5 weeks. i can't see any further than that and the goal it sets, or i set, is realistic. i am so tired of fad diets, low carb promises, and eat this and that and lose lose lose. after 20 years of being over weight, i just want to be normal and healthy. today is day 4 and so far i have had a good week and i have not been hungry. Night time snacking has been the hardest especially after dinner and later in the evening. i got some decaf coffee and flavored creamer and that is helping me get through. i dont know why i am telling anyone that will listen this, i guess maybe some how it makes me more accountable to put it all out there. i plan to report back weekly with my progress. wish me luck, please, i am going to need it!

Replies

• mvshant
    mvshant Posts: 15
    Options
    oh i am the short one in the photo lol, trying to get my boyfriend on this site, no luck so far, maybe after he sees some results!
  • Turbotez
    Turbotez Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'4 and about 230 here!!! Don't wanna be that anymore!!! I'm on day 12 and to be honest it's going well I think!!! We can do it!!!
  • mvshant
    Options
    :)
  • michellemmiller
    michellemmiller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to the community as well. But not fitness pal. I'm 5'6" and started about 220. I laughed at your post because I remember the same thinking the same thing. Omg I need to lose 50 lbs, then all the sudden it was 80. I started the week before New Years and it's just coming off so easy. I know that will stop soon though and that's what I'm worried about. That usually when I give up. When I stop seeing result for a while. So I decided to reach out to some others in the same boat for some motivation and support!

Good luck with your weight loss. Friend me for moral support!
  • mvshant
    Options
    that is great that you have done well, it really motivates me to hear someone else has had success. i love how the site tells you the sodium, fat, carbs, etc. today is day 5, first weekend coming up. but, i plugged in my menu for the weekend and printed it off. logging on at work is easy, i am right here in front of a computer, but at home i dont get online much so its easy for me to hide. with the printed menus i have a go to guide if i am out for the day. i cant figure out how to friend you, but once i do, i will. Good luck to you too! tonight, i am going to make myself walk! too cold!!! in Missouri