Calorie Intake/Deficit

Options
samanthannepstein
samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
MFP indicates that I should consume 1520 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week. I have been eating below that number, hitting about 1000-1200 calories per day. Is this hindering my weightloss?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is generally the lowest recommended for a sedentary woman. This has less to do with weight loss than it has to do with making sure that you're getting adequate nutrition. The lower your calories go the harder it is to get all of your nutrients, fat, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals that your body needs.

Is it hindering your weight loss? Probably not. But it could hurt your energy levels down the road or cause other problems.
  • samanthannepstein
    samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is generally the lowest recommended for a sedentary woman. This has less to do with weight loss than it has to do with making sure that you're getting adequate nutrition. The lower your calories go the harder it is to get all of your nutrients, fat, protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals that your body needs.

Is it hindering your weight loss? Probably not. But it could hurt your energy levels down the road or cause other problems.

Thank you! I always hit all of my recommended vitamin in take and mg energy levels are pretty good.. I just was concerned I was eating too little.