Former Athlete trying to get it back

Options
my name is McGhee. From SE MO. I've always loved fitness, biking, sports and eating healthy. About 3.5 years ago I suffered a Bell's palsy attack and was prescribed rest as I had exhausted my body. I went from working out 2x a day and 30+ miles a day on my mountain bike to sleeping too much, eating everything I saw and being lazy. After my GF counseled me on nutrition (physical trainer by profession), I'm excited to get back into being fit and ready to feel great in my local recreational sports leagues at the age of 32!

Replies

• jmcghee37
    Options
    jmcghee37 wrote: »
    my name is McGhee. From SE MO. I've always loved fitness, biking, sports and eating healthy. About 3.5 years ago I suffered a Bell's palsy attack and was prescribed rest as I had exhausted my body. I went from working out 2x a day and 30+ miles a day on my mountain bike to sleeping too much, eating everything I saw and being lazy. After my GF counseled me on nutrition (physical trainer by profession), I'm excited to get back into being fit and ready to feel great in my local recreational sports leagues at the age of 32!

• leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey bud
  • dnev1551
    dnev1551 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are both ex athletes! We've done it before, we can do it again! Let's do this!
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm a former high school and college athlete (small school, but still).
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I went from working out 2x a day and 30+ miles a day on my mountain bike to sleeping too much, eating everything I saw and being lazy.

sounds similar to me after i was diagnosed with depression. Hopefully we can help motivate each other