What to do about bat wings

Options
Ok! So I went shopping and bought cute new tiny & hip clothes. The problem is one of the shirts I love so much is very short sleeved (right one the edge of where my shoulder curves). It looks cute every where else but makes me notice the fat on the back of my arms.

What do I do!?? I don't have any weights or if I do I lost them in the move. I do have a stretch band with handles. Will just general weight loss get rid of it or do I need to isolate them with exercise ?

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Ok! So I went shopping and bought cute new tiny & hip clothes. The problem is one of the shirts I love so much is very short sleeved (right one the edge of where my shoulder curves). It looks cute every where else but makes me notice the fat on the back of my arms.

What do I do!?? I don't have any weights or if I do I lost them in the move. I do have a stretch band with handles. Will just general weight loss get rid of it or do I need to isolate them with exercise ?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is the only thing that reduces fat. Training is still important, but resistance training burns relatively few calories on its own and won't make an area smaller. You can still train without weights--pushups, tricep pushups, chair dips, and overhead extensions with the band will all work your triceps.
  • amunet07
    Options
    Thank you

I guess I'm going to have to bit the bullet and do those things. lol I haven't ventured into the Strength Training world on my Wii Fit except for 3 of the exercises that the Yoga section suggests... so I will have to make that effort.
  • jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you dont need to buy weights, just use things around your house, like big cans of soup, or bottles of shampoo.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Sorry to laugh, but I was thinking a totally different kind of bat wings, I'm sure the men in the forum know what I mean :laugh: :laugh:

Yoga and pilates are amazing ways to build strength as well as weight training. You need to do consistent strength training for results, the part of the arm I think you are referring to will require consistent training to get in and stay in the shape you want but you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You know, I have the exact same problem... I can deal with most everything else but ARM FAT and ANKLE FAT does me in. Thank you Jalopes... I am now on a scavenger hunt for heavy things around my house.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Sorry to laugh, but I was thinking a totally different kind of bat wings, I'm sure the men in the forum know what I mean :laugh: :laugh:

Yoga and pilates are amazing ways to build strength as well as weight training. You need to do consistent strength training for results, the part of the arm I think you are referring to will require consistent training to get in and stay in the shape you want but you can do it! :flowerforyou:

That's EXACTLY what I thought too when I saw this!!! :laugh:

You pervert!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • ceedee22ed
    Options

That's EXACTLY what I thought too when I saw this!!! :laugh:

You pervert!! :laugh: :bigsmile:

Curiosity is killing me and I have aparently been in Central america too long...somebody wanna clue me in? via pm of course
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I had to ask the DH. He thought it was hilarious...
  • amunet07
    Options
    Okay I'm still in the dark! Somebody clue me in also??? via PM:blushing:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm still in the dark! Somebody clue me in also??? via PM:blushing:

Ditto.... somebody PM!
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Ok, don't get offended. The term bat wings is applied when men get sweaty in their manly area and their "baggage" sticks to their upper thighs and when they try to move it all stretches and looks like bat wings.

:blushing:
  • Nich0le
    Options
    bumping for the sake of getting the answer to you.