Breakfast recipes

Options
emmaupton1980
emmaupton1980 Posts: 8 Member
I'm really bored of having the same thing for breakfast everyday. I eat breakfast once I get to work so it has to be something that I can take with me. There is a microwave to use. Please help!

Replies

• jasfain
    jasfain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are you having?
  • billyejean29
    billyejean29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches with 1egg, 1-2 slices of ham or Canadian bacon, 1 slice of cheese on an English muffin. Wrap them in plastic wrap and store in the freezer. Take out of freezer and place in fridge night before. Warm up in microwave.
  • jjason114
    Options
    Greek yogurt, blueberries, chai seeds, oatmeal, dash is milk. I mix a few up the beginning of the week
  • emmaupton1980
    Options
    jasfain wrote: »
    What are you having?

Normally just toast followed by a yoghurt as it's easy so you can understand why I'm bored.
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some suggestions... half a canteloupe & diet yoghurt; Wholmeal or fruit muffin spread with cottage cheese & slices of fruit like apple or pear; Rolled oats and some mixed dry fruit like apricots & prunes soaked overnight in hot water & served in the morning with skim milk or low fat yoghurt, you could warm this in the microwave before adding the yoghurt.

I went searching for ideas for breakfasts too and these looked interesting, of course do the math on the calories to suit your calorie count :smile: Cheers
    Elle
  • t10246
    t10246 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive been putting 1/2cup oatmeal w/ 1/4 cup granola in mason jar then add 1 cup of boiled water close lid shake let sit 10min or however long takes me to get ready for work. I don't add sugar because granola is sweet. Saw it on pinterest!
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make a 2 batches of omelettes that I prepare in the oven, no need to watch it. I've been eating them pretty much every morning for the last 3 weeks and haven't grown tired of them because I change up goes in them and I experiment with seasonings. Check out the link below for the recipe, hope this helps.

http://www.southernplate.com/2010/03/omelet-made-easy.html
  • Tionne31
    Tionne31 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tionne31 wrote: »
    I make a 2 batches of omelettes that I prepare in the oven, no need to watch it. I've been eating them pretty much every morning for the last 3 weeks and haven't grown tired of them because I change up goes in them and I experiment with seasonings. Check out the link below for the recipe, hope this helps.

I forgot to mention that the two batches I make are different (i.e. one may contain chicken and the other has smoked salmon) so I rotate each type every other day, I wrap them in aluminum foil and heat them in the toaster oven when I get to work.

• liliguis
    Options
    I usually have a fruit (apple or banana) sliced in white cheese (the non-fat kind) mixed with a bit of cornflakes or weetabix (to add that tasty crunchiness)
  • kralc178
    Options
    I like 1 egg a thick slice of tomato on 1 piece of whole grain high fiber bread. Sprinkle garlic and sometimes less than a teaspoon of grated cheese for a different flavor. High fiber and protein. Very filling.
  • 21Mendoza
    21Mendoza Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cream of Wheat mix with a 1/4 of chopped up apple (any kind I use Red Delicious) chopped up half a banana and cinnamon, and whole wheat toast with some jam, very delicious (:
  • thehaydens
    thehaydens Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I kill my craving for PB&J with an overnight oats recipe. Sounds similar to what a PP suggested. In an 8 oz mason jar, mix 1/4 cup oats with 1 T chia seeds, 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk. Cover, shake, refrigerate. I make a whole weeks worth on Sundays. Each morning, I add 1 T organic fruit spread and I T natural chunky peanut butter. You can add this and then reseal and take it to work. Total calorie count is just under 400.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/06/04/blueberry-almond-and-coconut-overnight-oats-oatmeal-in-a-jar/

you can always tinker with any overnight oats recipe. I found this tasted good esp with the hit of almond extract. I added a scoop of pumpkin seed protein powder. you can also find ones that have greek yogurt
  • emmaupton1980
    Options
    jasfain wrote: »
    What are you having?

Normally just toast followed by a yoghurt as it's easy so you can understand why I'm bored.
    I'm really bored of having the same thing for breakfast everyday. I eat breakfast once I get to work so it has to be something that I can take with me. There is a microwave to use. Please help!

Wow some amazing ideas!! Thanks Everyone I shall definitely be trying some of these

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that the two batches I make are different (i.e. one may contain chicken and the other has smoked salmon) so I rotate each type every other day, I wrap them in aluminum foil and heat them in the toaster oven when I get to work.

<3 Baked eggs are fabulous and a great time saver -- can make a day or two before.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You can cook an egg mixed with some herbs and seasoning in the microwave and have that with toast and avocado, or just cook an egg at home in advance. The plain yogurt you could spice up with fresh fruit and a little honey. If you like baking, bring a slice of homemade banana bread and some peanut butter once in a while? Overnight oats are great to bring as well, or make some in advance and re-heat or cook in the microwave at work.
  • tigriss7
    Options
    I have the West Bend Egg and Toast toaster, $34. I cook an egg, turkey sausage and multi-grain Bay's English Muffin and a slice of low fat American Cheese. I put it on when I put the coffee on and go get ready. I can also boil eggs in it and use different meats with it. I've had the toaster for 6 or 7 years now. It works great and save me money. It also comes in a 4 slice/two egg option.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Bagel Thin & Egg
    Servings: 1
    Calories Per Serving: 166

1 Large Egg White (Yolk removed)
    1 Everything Bagel Thin
    2 Slices of your choice 50 Calorie Lunch Meat, folded into triangles
    1 bottle mustard (Don’t ask questions just go with it!)

It’s easier to do a week worth of these and freeze them. Open bagel things and place them, inside up, on oven rack. Turn oven on BROIL and leave door open so you can watch them. On a griddle or non stick frying pan place egg yolks, APART (don’t let them touch!) and begin cooking them. Season to taste. Once bagels are toasted take the mustard and put one line on bagel (In a circle, one O). Place cooked egg on top of the mustard side of bagel and put the meat triangle on top of this, making a perfect circle. You can add cheese or spinach to these but be wary of added calories. Place top onto bagel and egg and wrap each individual one in a paper towel, taping the ends together. Put bagels into a big ziplock bag and put in freezer. Each morning remove one and let thaw until you get to work or are ready to eat it. Remove top from bagel, lay face up in toaster oven and cook. Enjoy!