I originally started to loose weight when I was at 319 in 2011

Its been a long road I am now at 176 I am so thankful for my husbands support. I have about 50 lbs to go but in my mind it feels so much harder the more you loose to keep loosing. Its so hard to see people eat things that I know if I eat it I will gain the weight back it gets really depressing. I dont want to gain the weight back. Sometimes I wish I could just eat like my kids do and still be thin like they are.

Replies

• AngelZealot
    AngelZealot Posts: 49 Member
    I have the same feelings!! A year ago I lost 50 pounds, but gained it all back after getting pregnant with my 3rd child. Now it's already been 7 months and the weight has not even started to come off yet. We just need to keep pushing on and trying our best! Congrats to you for losing all that weight!!! That is a huge accomplishment! The last 50 will be easy for you so stick to it!! Great job!
  • Thanks wish you the best to. Sometimes it helps just to say it to someone smile:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I am eighty pounds down and just saw my dietitian. Good news all around. I have lost 48% of my available weight to lose, which is great. My dietitian warned me that I have passed the honeymoon phase of weight loss and any further losses will be harder. This is because the body starts fighting what it sees as an alarming trend. After all, in nature a steady of state of starvation is alarming.

My dietitian said she'd be happy to see me remain at my current weight and I agreed. I am light enough to run, ski, skate, and get my mobility back.

I expect my weight loss for the rest of the way to be sort of like this:
    parabolic+curve.jpg
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    JuliannaUnderhill Posts: 68
    edited January 2015

YOU ARE MY HERO.

I don't think any adult gets to eat the way kids do and stay thin.
  • Hamoalta
    Hamoalta Posts: 16 Member
    very inspiring story