Easy and cheap healthy recipes

Options
Soniatantu
Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
Does anyone have any easy, cheap, and healthy recipes? I know it sounds like a generic answer…but I can easily get in these ruts where I don't know what to make.
Thanks

Replies

• hamo1987
    hamo1987 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hamburger/turkey soup.... soo easy... a pound of ground meat of ur choice... a can of. (All all juices are used from the canned items) can of corn, can of green beens, can of italian stewed tomatoes, half a diced purple onion, black pepper to taste and a few splahes of franks hot sauce... 150 calories for a nice sized bowl, cooks in under ten minutes, and suuuuuper filling... my kids even love it... we use double the cans of veggies, still only usong only a pound of meat, because it freezes very well... we are a family of seven, and hubby takes left overs :-) but an average fam of four would do well on just single cans and a pound of hround meat.... had it last night in fact. :-) and for lunch today. :-) taste better the next day too... can also be done as a crockpot meal. :-) u cant mess it up, u can put canned carrots in it also, hubby just cant have them so we dont anymore. :-) the juice the veggies are packed in become the broth. ;)
  • hamo1987
    hamo1987 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm makes me wanna make another batch!
  • mluvst
    mluvst Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Quick & Easy Healthy Food Ideas | Breakfast, Lunc…: http://youtu.be/A1VTn3k_oDU.
    Here's some good ideas. Love how she makes omlet.
  • douthenico
    douthenico Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    www.budgetbytes.com is awesome
  • kygirlalways850
    kygirlalways850 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has some really good recipes and she gives the nutritional breakdown for each recipe.
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Canned beans or dry beans, spices, veggies, broth cubes and a crockpot. The possibilities are numerous. I like to experiment .
    Today, I put in yellow split peas (cheap), carrots, chicken broth and cumin. It's yummy and will last days.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Tuna sauce is a cool change for vegetables, etc. Can be done hot or cold. Just google "tonnato sauce recipe" and you'll find lots of stuff.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    hamo1987 wrote: »
    Hamburger/turkey soup.... soo easy... a pound of ground meat of ur choice... a can of. (All all juices are used from the canned items) can of corn, can of green beens, can of italian stewed tomatoes, half a diced purple onion, black pepper to taste and a few splahes of franks hot sauce... 150 calories for a nice sized bowl, cooks in under ten minutes, and suuuuuper filling... my kids even love it... we use double the cans of veggies, still only usong only a pound of meat, because it freezes very well... we are a family of seven, and hubby takes left overs :-) but an average fam of four would do well on just single cans and a pound of hround meat.... had it last night in fact. :-) and for lunch today. :-) taste better the next day too... can also be done as a crockpot meal. :-) u cant mess it up, u can put canned carrots in it also, hubby just cant have them so we dont anymore. :-) the juice the veggies are packed in become the broth. ;)

Yum. I'll have to try that. I make a taco soup that's similar and always a hit with everyone: Brown 1 pound beef and 1 chopped onion, then add 1 can diced tomatoes (I like fire roasted or rotel for more heat), 1 can white hominy (mexican food asile), 1 can black beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1/2-1 packet taco seasoning, 1 packet rach seasoning. Dont drain the cans. Just dump them in. Heat and eat. Sometimes I throw a can of corn in there too or an extra can of tomatoes...sometimes some red pepper flakes or other seasonings...it's really hard to screw up. Haha. Can eat with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, etc. It's actually quite low cal and hearty, as long as you don't go crazy with those toppings.
  • pvalze
    pvalze Posts: 4
    Options
    Onions soup! Take many onions, chop them, put all in a pot, cover (not fill) the onions and cook for 30 minutes. When it's boiled, mix all with a minipimer, add salt and pepper, and what do i like! Easy, Cheap, Healthy! :)
  • tigriss7
    Options
    douthenico wrote: »
    www.budgetbytes.com is awesome

Thanks! This is perfect for me and my friend that are using My Fitness Pal to lose weight!