Guilt

Options
I Hate making posts like this because it sounds so silly to me but I know there are many others on here who have recovered or are recovering from an ED. Today I had a really good day, I got good nutrition and met my calorie goal, only going down due to exercise. But I can't help but feel guilty for eating so much. I know some of you must know how I feel or have been through it. I was wondering if anyone had tips? I don't want to go back to restricting because I know it won't help long term.

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Oh, there are plenty of things I feel guilty of, and one of them is not food.

Calories in, calories out. Makes the world (at least MFPers) go round and round.

Best of luck with your issue.
  • lisac195
    lisac195 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there but I just want to say that feeding your body with the correct amount of calories from good foods should be your goal. No place in that for guilt. Every time a thought like that comes into your mind replace it with a positive thought like "I am getting healthier every day by eating to nourish my body." Positive self talk is important.
  • BrittTomore87
    BrittTomore87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    lisac195 wrote: »
    Every time a thought like that comes into your mind replace it with a positive thought like "I am getting healthier every day by eating to nourish my body." Positive self talk is important.

This is one of the best things I have ever read. Thank you so much. I'm going to write it down and put it on my mirror. Thank you!