Tesco Lunch

Options
I work over the road from Tesco and need to buy lunch today, can anyone tell us what's a healthy option?! i have no kitchen to cook only have a microwave! :(

also add me if u want a new friend.

Mike

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    They're light choices range is good :) they have allsorts, sandwiches, pastas pretty much everything
  • hannah0209
    hannah0209 Posts: 36
    Options
    The girl I work with sometimes does a potato in the microwave with heinz beans, i suppose thats healthy? Or soup?

Or fruit or pasta salad?

Depends what you fancy :-)
  • mikeroachjnr
    Options
    Is pasta bad for me tho? i always here mixed thoughts on this?
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I would get a pot of humous, bread roll from the bakery and a small pot of salad. Yum. The pre-pack sandwiches and salads are always full of salt and ingredients that shouldn't be. If you have a microwave at work then maybe a tin of soup if you can find one where you know what all the ingredients are. But seriously, microwave food almost always has a ton of preservatives, added crap and salt.
    Consider having dried fruit, nuts etc around at work as well, they are really filling and healthy and you can leave them in your desk draw for some time before they need throwing out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1195338/Healthy-lunch-The-supermarket-salads-fat-Big-Mac.html
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi
    They do a range of salady bits in the finest range, I had the edamame and pea salad (250ish kcals) yesterday which was nice, plus you could team it with a couscous pot or I had chargrilled chicken and roasted veg pasta (285kcal for the whole tub). So this you would be getting lots of good vitamins, protein etc plus a couple of your 5 a day and not a huge amount or calories and no need for kitchen.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You're in luck! If it's a decent tesco as of today they have a new range of salad's available!

The ones I spotted this morning were:

Duck and hoi sin sauce with noodles and salad (150 cals!)

Sweet chilli chicken noodle salad 250 cals

Garlic and herb chicken salad 225 cals

There was about 10 different types, they're like the M&S ones that come in a cardboard box. They're 3.20 each at the moment.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ... or as you have a microwave, a large sweet potato (zap in microwave for about 10 mins until soft) and have it with cottage cheese and a salad?
  • MaryElizabeth84
    Options
    Tesco does a great sushi range that you can eat straight out of the pack - just try and ignore the Krispy Kreme doughnuts, they display them next to them in my Tesco!!
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options

Pasta is fine in moderation like everything else! Generally I go for wholewheat pasta now but I think you can't go wrong with a little pasta salad for lunch!

I agree with other's suggestions, either go with soup, make a baked potato or check out their light choices. They are not too bad at all. =)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options

No food is bad for you; it just depends how much you eat.
  • hannah0209
    hannah0209 Posts: 36
    Options
    Yeah I don't listen to all that rubbish about pasta is bad.. All carbs are good in moderation, and the normal pasta salads are quite small.. Just check the labels..

You need something to fill you up otherwise you'll be hungry at work and are more likely to binge when you get home
    :-)

I've got some mango fingers and a wholemeal roll for lunch, think the mango is 84 cals and the roll is roughly 200
  • mikeroachjnr
    Options
    Thanks for all the Replies!! ill let you all no what i chose and Cal count!

mike
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sushi, fruit bag and a can of diet coke! Yummmm

(although I'm often naughty and have crisps)
  • DaisyMoo86
    DaisyMoo86 Posts: 43
    Options
    Sushi!!!!!! £2 meal deal wooo hoooo x
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Actually they had a teriyaki chicken noodle salad this morning as well - 250 calories and it's only £1.60 and you can get it in the meal deal! It's decently sized so you'd be full enough off it and it's only £2 with the meal deal..bargain!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sushi!!!!!! £2 meal deal wooo hoooo x

I went up to £2.50 this week though :(
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Sushi! YUM!!!
    Salad is always a good choice just watch the extras in it , dressings also and you'll be fine.
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    This is a great post, was just wondering what to go and get for my lunch, might check out this new range of salads, they sound great!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I also find that there are lots of good bits and pieces in the pre-packed sections. If you want something a bit more 'fresh' you could get a single roll or bagel from the bakery, a small can of tuna or salmon with a ring pull and a small salad to fill it.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal pita
    low fat hummus
    Bag of baby spinach or mixed salad
    Thin turkey slices

Then I make my own pita wrap!