jawbone up3 vs Garmin vivosmart

Options
I'm looking into a fitness tracker and I think I've narrowed it down to the Jawbone Up3 and the Garmin Vivosmart. I like that they both track sleep as well as movement, but I can't decide which is better other than that. I like that Jawbone has an alarm that will wake you when it is best in your sleep cycle, but I also like that the Vivosmart has a watch with other notification settings. Anyone have either one who could give advice? Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    well....one of them doesn't actually exist, if that makes your decision any easier
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    The Jawbone Up3 isn't out yet, so that should make it easier.
  • comfortablynumb46
    Options
    I use UP. Mine is the plug in type which works great. Not sure about the garmin.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit charge. Honestly... I am underwhelmed. The sleep tracking thing tells you how many times you woke up, and how often you are restless. Ok... Now what do I do with that information?

The main thing I liked about it was logging food and exercise into the app... But mfp is far better for that. I'm thinking about taking mine back. I want the apple watch when it comes out anyway.

But between the two you mentioned, I'd wait for the up 3. It tracks heart rate.
  • Merri818
    Options
    I have the Vivofit and love it:) does everything I need it to:)
  • tchap532
    tchap532 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol. They both exist, I promise you. I just have to wait a bit for the Up3. I'm ok with that. Thanks for you comments, as most of them have been very helpful.
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I pre ordered an UP3 in early December. Haven't seen it yet.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Lol. They both exist, I promise you. I just have to wait a bit for the Up3. I'm ok with that. Thanks for you comments, as most of them have been very helpful.

No one has seen an Up3. No one that ordered one has an actual shipping date so they don't know when to expect one. If you place an order today, you'll be told that it's 3 months before it will ship. 3 months!!! That's 5 months from when they started accepting orders, which is almost half of a product cycle. 4 other competing devices will be announced in that time frame. It does not exist.
  • DavPul
    Options
    I pre ordered an UP3 in early December. Haven't seen it yet.

Did you contact customer service to get your $40 credit?
  • letsgetit
    Options
    Supposedly the Up3 has BF% tracking which would make me lean their way, but again its not out yet. So I guess it depends on which features are the most important. Im not big on the watch portion but if I was then I would go vivo.