50+ Been at it for a while and need a buddy

Options
I've managed to lose 8lbs but need to lose at least another 40lbs. Need a buddy to communicate with. Looking for encouragement to get back to the gym on a regular basis, I love to cycle but I need to do more.

Replies

• Silver2902
    Options
    I'll be your buddy!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • rgmooney66
    rgmooney66 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • laizaone
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • bonnieh1638
    bonnieh1638 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and need to at least 25 lbs - you can add me!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have lost 44lb and want to lose more. Add me if I can help :)
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and have lost 50 lbs in about 10 months. I have about 15 more to go. Don't kill yourselves, and don't kill me for saying this: my doctor told me these two important principles: 1) Take your weight in lbs, divide in half. This is the amount of protein you need to target eating each day. When I was 200 lbs, I was trying to eat 100 g protein. 2) Limit your sugars to 20g per day (regardless of where they come from, even "natural" sugars like fruit and vegetables). I had been eating a "healthy" diet for years: American Heart Association, Mayo Clinic, etc., and nobody told me to limit my sugars. Apparently my body takes those natural sugars (apples, carrots) and converts them directly to fat. I wish I'd known this 20 years ago, I would never have gotten 65 lbs overweight! Good luck to all of you.