Need advice... or a push.

Options
tiffanyhowland
tiffanyhowland Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my weight loss journey in April. I religiously count calories and log daily. I started just changing my eating habits and lifestyle. I cut out soda. Really changed the foods I was consuming. I lost 80 pounds. It was steady progress with little work. I started riding my bike. Now everything's stopped. I started doing P90 recently. Started lifting some weights and doing some monthly squat challenges, etc but the scale hasn't budged in weeks. I'm not sure what I'm doingwrong. I eat about 1270 calories or less a day. Never seem really hungry. Don't cheat. I need some guidance please on this myth of a plateau.

Replies

• SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Could be because do muscle gain . If you are lifting and taking exercising seriously
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just continue with what you are doing maybe cut back on some calories or add some extra workouts/ more frequently
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale and weighing your food? Are you picking the correct entries in the database? (Some of them are really wrong.) how long has the scale been stuck?
  • tiffanyhowland
    Options
    I really am. I count calories seriously and if I don't know I always error on the higher side. I really haven't changed how I eat since this all started. I'm pretty consistent. It's three weeks. I went from 2 lbs/ week to nothing or slight gain. It's very discouraging. I have 50 pounds to go.
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have "cheat" days? I find when I get stuck for a couple of weeks, one day of less close watching seems to get things going right again. Maybe it's just that I need a break in order to be more honest the other days, or maybe my body just wanted a few more calories. I have lost a similar amount over a similar time frame, and things have slowed WAAAAY down as I've gotten closer to the normal weight range. Is your scale really stuck or only moving very slowly relative to how you started?
  • tiffanyhowland
    Options
    I just have so much more to go. I'd feel better off it were that last 10 pounds but it's not. I haven't tried cheating because I'm afraid of losing that control. I'd even feel good to just see ounces come off but it's usually the same one day, up a pound the next, back down, etc.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    water retention from building muscle. Maybe try green tea see if it is water retention.
  • tiffanyhowland
    Options
    Green tea will help get rid of water retention? I drink tons of water daily.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    What is your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE)? Go to any calculator and enter your stats and activity level and see what comes up. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Could be because do muscle gain . If you are lifting and taking exercising seriously

Not if she is in a deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How long is this plateau?? When you start a new exercise regime, its normal to retain water. Green tea will NOT alleviate it, but drinking a lot of water and minimizing sodium helps. You do NOT gain muscle in a deficit (with the exception of newbie gains).