How Do You Stay On Track?

Options
I would stick to my nutrition plan and workout schedule for one week, then mess up the following week and gain back almost all what I lost. For example, The previous week, I lost 2 kgs in one week as a result of sticking to my nutrition and workout plan. Last week, I really messed up. Junk food, over eating and Zero workout. I gained back 1.6 kgs. Almost all what I lost! why? Why? WHY?!

How do you keep on? How do you stay on track? How can I be consistent? I just heard about someone who lost 60 kgs in 2 years. How do people stay on Track?!

My birthday is tomorrow and I feel totally down for not being able to be in control. It was my goal to at least lose a kick start 3 kgs by tomorrow. Now that I failed. I'm totally depressed. When Am I going to be ever able to make it? I'm starting to think Surgery which is something I don't really want to do , but I don't wish to stay overweight for the rest of my life. Help?

Replies

• ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly the same as me. I have a real problem with self control. If i've been GOOD for a few days then i'll overindulge to reward myself. Maybe we can motivate each other? :flowerforyou:

Have a great birthday tomorrow. This time next year you will be at your goal weight :wink:
  • livpursey
    livpursey Posts: 1
    Options
    self control really isnt something you can just DO! it takes heaps of practice

ladies you r not alone

it can be really hard

i find it best to allow 100-200 calories a day for 'naughty' treats

so i feel rewarded without stuffing everything up

also finding some exercise that u enjoy really helps you keep motivated
  • Selma_82
    Selma_82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    chubbycoyle,

It's good to know that I'm not the only person who have control issues.. I am really ashamed of myself...Not being in control ain't sexy at all!
    Motivating each other is a great idea. I actually work better when I have people with me...Amen to "This time next year you will be at your goal weight"!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I just have a weekly routine. Mondays and Tuesdays I am so busy, I rarely get to eat during the day anyway, and I have things on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, so I can't sit around at home eating.
    I don't ever buy junk food, I just sort of switch off it's existence in my head, so if I am hungry during the day, I have to either cook something from scratch (including heating the oven), or eat fruit. Or go and do something else instead.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I would stick to my nutrition plan and workout schedule for one week, then mess up the following week and gain back almost all what I lost. For example, The previous week, I lost 2 kgs in one week as a result of sticking to my nutrition and workout plan. Last week, I really messed up. Junk food, over eating and Zero workout. I gained back 1.6 kgs. Almost all what I lost! why? Why? WHY?!

How do you keep on? How do you stay on track? How can I be consistent? I just heard about someone who lost 60 kgs in 2 years. How do people stay on Track?!

My birthday is tomorrow and I feel totally down for not being able to be in control. It was my goal to at least lose a kick start 3 kgs by tomorrow. Now that I failed. I'm totally depressed. When Am I going to be ever able to make it? I'm starting to think Surgery which is something I don't really want to do , but I don't wish to stay overweight for the rest of my life. Help?

Maybe the changes you make when you're "on track" are too drastic for you to keep up? Try introducing change more gradually--the weight loss may be slower, but you might be more able to stick with it, so in the end you'll lose more. For example, instead of working out 2 hours a day, just aim for 40 minutes four days a week (or whatever you can see fitting into your life long-term), or instead of trying to cut bread from your diet, just have one serving a day. Deprivation is rarely a path to success. HTH and good luck!
    -LP
  • CarliBez
    CarliBez Posts: 19
    Options
    Firstly, Happy Birthday! May this year be full of fulfilled dreams and ambitions :)

This is something that really helps me: Write down your goals and your motivations. I saw, for example, that you would like to become a trainer? Great! Now everytime you want to eat something unhealthy or feel demotivated, remember that goal and concentrate on it. Ask yourself: why you want to become it, how would it make you feel? While your mind is on your goal, REMOVE YOURSELF FROM TEMPTATION, especially at the start when it's hard not to give in. Get some go-to goals and maybe stick some pictures up in your room to remind yourself of them daily (eg. skinny jeans, bikini, running 5 miles without stopping, being able to feel comfortable around peers, etc). The Success Stories on MFP are a great visit when you feel yourself falling.

Don't eat yourself up (haha, pun?). Remember, you basically have to change your lifestyle and your body is in a mode, it's not going to give up that easily! Show it whose boss. As you start refusing to give it the things it craves, it's going to start getting used to it and the temptation won't be so great. It gets so much easier, I promise. Just slowly concentrate on getting through the first bit.

I am preaching a lot, give me one more point. Everyone falls of the wagon sometimes. Some days, I really cannot resist eating that burger! The key is to compromise. Take the burger for lunch, but leave the fries and soda. Then eat some veggies and salad for dinner. If I ate a piece of cake that afternoon (which I could not resist!), leave out the carbs in your dinner. Don't give up after a mistake, drink a glass of water and try to correct it immediately. Just because you've done one thing "wrong", don't make the day a free-for-all-food day.

Keep it up! That fact that you lost the initial 2kgs means you know how and well done on that. You still have not picked up the total you lost, which is great! Focus on that. Use your birthday tomorrow as a challenge. Have your cake and eat it! Just remember to compromise a bit.

You can do this! Believe in yourself. Hope this helps you.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    will power

its really as simple as that